GH: March 2024 Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Binge watched Several GH episodes this morning. Eva LaRue looks great! And she did good work. Fast forwarded everything Joss & Dex. Yawn. Lois is as annoying as she was in the 90’s. Less is more with her. The rest was good. Seems like there are longer scenes, which is good. Maybe a sign of things to come with the new headwriters. Bring on Jason! 

• Members

My question is does anyone care who killed Austin still?  That's not me being snarky, but a serious question.  I know it's still brought up, but there isn't a lot of urgency there on the show to figure it out lol.

I definitely don't think initial idea was for it to be Ava because it seems to clearly be a male.  I wouldn't care if the show just changed it and made it Ava though.

• Members

Not particularly, no. But it could be a useful plot point here in a new story.

I do think a woman could have easily been wearing a man's boots or unisex boots. Further, Austin's shooting was written months ago by a departed writing team; the new team could always potentially not care what kind of footwear the shooter happened to be seen wearing. I don't necessarily think Ava pulled the trigger on Austin herself. But there is nothing in the murder episode that rules her out AFAIC.

• Members

I don't think there's anything that rules her out either.  I wouldn't care if some details were changed to move story and I do think it would be a good twist for Ava.  But as everyone knows, I don't have much affinity to MW/Ava, so her going back to her evil ways works for me.

I always figured Austin's death would just tie back to Cyrus because everything does lol.

• Members
Posted (edited)

Yes, that was always my assumption at the time. Pure boredom.

I enjoy Ava immensely when she is being evil and true to who she is vs. when they try to redeem her or mold her into a romantic heroine, as they have done too often. She should not have half the friendly relationships she does on the show, minus Trina. And she's already been on the show a long time vs. most characters in her position. If going dark shortens her time on the show I've already established I don't mind at this point. She has been on for over a decade; I don't need her to stay forever, I need her to do well while here. Besides, Alex on OLTL, etc. ran for years without losing her edge and I think in that same mold Ava can still have some more good years. If I wanted to watch Carly Snyder I'd watch old eps of ATWT.

Edited by Vee

• Members

So, @Vee are you then suggesting that Ava's reaction to getting the letter and the gun, while she was alone, was because she was horrified someone saw her kill Austin?  Because that part doesn't seem to fit with her being the killer (or the person who ordered the hit).  I feel like she didn't do it, but she has learned who shot Austin more recently.  It's fun to speculate, but I assume our east coasters will know the truth within hours. 

• Members

I have always thought Ava would work better coming in and out of the show to cause trouble for certain arcs.  It would save everyone a lot of trouble trying to fit Ava in places she doesn't belong.  I can also understand if you land Maura West you want to use her as much as possible.

People probably won't agree, but the "nicer" Ava becomes the more I feel like Ava/Nina become very similar characters and then both of them are similar to Carly.  It's one too many flawed heroines in the same age range on the same show dealing with the same core group.

• Members

My new favorite LOTD: "generous interpretation of this prenup & I applaud the mental gymnastics that allowed you to stick that landing." - Maxie to BLQ, the third clip here.

Also, things fans care about that the show doesn't care about: 

Marcus Taggert, where is he? MIA Day 165! 

Jackie Templeton, where is she & why won't she be at Chase's wedding?

Who killed Austin?

WTheck is it that Ava is up to? (Well, possibly the show does care here & we just don't know it yet.)

And also I agree that it could've been a woman in man-looking shoes. 

• Members
Posted (edited)

It's possible. But my working theory was she sent them to herself so she could appear endangered and endear herself to Sonny. "Why would she appear frightened when alone" is a good question, but also not one that has stopped a new writing team from eliding those small details from past episodes before re: a storyline already in progress. Fanwank it and say maybe she was rehearsing?

This theory and issue aside, today's ep appears to already have some considerable surprises and structural moves I didn't expect.

Edited by Vee