GH: March 2024 Discussion Thread

• Members

Good first episode with new writers that was PM & EK, well at least EK not C & D no matter what credits read. Good re-intro for Jason as well. Better dialogue all around

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I agree. Very tight, also exciting. Explosive. So many possible interpretations of what was going on with "Jacobs". Note how close that is to "Jason". He could have been pretending to be brainwashed & have intentionally fouled his partner's shot, saving Sonny's life. Personally I have thought that is how he'd be brought back, saving Sonny. 

• Members

Agreed, best to wait until they appear in the credits or until we get confirmation from an office source that this is their work - even if some ghostwriting has been happening. 

Remember the ghastly hysteria you know who inflicted on these boards back in the day about someone ghostwriting AMC nonsense? Some folks were seeing changes that were never happening lol

• Members

You can definitely tell there have been changes and tweaks over the last several weeks of air shows. it varies from day to day and scene to scene, but it's there.

I go by @Errol who I believe said from today on it's a mix of their work and the outgoing team, specifically with the Jason story being the new team's work. If I'm misquoting him I'm sure he'll check me.

• Members

I’m definitely sure there is a mix of ideas in this transition period and certain WGA rules may be in play for why things are credited the way they are. It’s just hard to know whose ideas are what in transitions - and even then, it’s only when the new regime starts their own stories from scratch that you’ll be able to get the best sample of their creative direction. 

Korte, for example, was already the Script Editor, so she always had a certain degree of influence on the final scripts if we’re talking just dialogue. 

• Members

Oh, I'm well aware. But after the last decade-plus since Frank and Ron flushed most of the old team anything smart on the daily show is like pearls in the desert lol.

• Members

I think even with the greatest writers in all of history there are also inevitable limitations with soaps today and networks today. I wish them the best but I'm not going to expect anything. I still wince at what happened when the Labines went to OLTL and GL.

• Members

Friday's discussion between Felicia & Maxie felt more new regime than old. And, like I've suspected, it'll take time for both Mulcahey & Korte's material to settle and find a groove, so I don't expect overnight changes. And I know people were discussing the sweater Maxie was wearing (it did not bother me)... what bothered me were her dirty-ass socks, LOL!

• Members

Personally, I see some good things, but it's hard to be sure.  It's been such a short period of time and there is also a huge return mixed in.  I am optimistic.  Some characters do seem to be having more meaningful discussions.

@Liberty CityMaxie sweater bothered me!  I am sure it's probably cute in person, but it looked ratty and boxy on screen.  But...it's Maxie.  At least she had intelligent dialogue for once.

• Members

It didn't bother me purely because she was meant to be at home, so I think it's ok to wear older, bigger, hole-y things that are comforting to us. Now, had this been the Deception offices? I would've been annoyed.