GH: March 2024 Discussion Thread

• Members

I agree all those things are true.

But Jagger can harp on these facts all day long-it's over.  Sonny was horrible and he should be called out on his actions, but how many times a week does Jagger need to do it?  It's basically the only thing he talks about as of now.  To me this seems more about Jagger's own regrets about Karen/Stone than Sonny.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
Posted (edited)

Esme is so last month! 

Please register in order to view this content

I'm wondering if he might be one that gets cut. 

For anyone who is interested, the song played during Kristina & Blaze's first love scene on 2-23 has now been released. The song is "It Might Be Love" & you can find it here, although I'm sure it's going to show up other places, too. This is the link GH Music Guy Paul Glass tweeted today. 

Edited by Contessa Donatella
combine 2 posts

• Members

-- Shouldn't there be 24/7 security and police presence on those Port Charles docks??? There's not only crime there, but people are SHOT there ALL THE TIME. It's absolutely absurd.

-- I've avoided commenting on Adam Harrington as Jagger Cates, even though I really disagreed with all the negative comments here.

Of course he doesn't look like Sabato, so it was a WTH moment when he first appeared. But it was immediately clear that he's a solid actor, and after a couple days I was fine with Harrington in the role. Now I can see his chemistry with Maura West and potential ties to other characters, and I hope PM and EK keep him. Jagger does not have to look like AJS.

• Members

The problem is the show, as of this moment, is making it seem like Jagger and Sonny have this lifelong rivalry and Jagger has been carrying this anger for years and years.  And that's pretty sad for Jagger because Sonny hasn't probably thought about Jagger in decades like the rest of the audience.  I'll give John and the new writing a chance, but it seems a bit one sided at this point.

• Members

But this gives a great subtext to be played. Cates just now for the first time FINALLY spelled out what Sonny did to & with Karen. Been waiting for someone to say it. And who else might it be?

On both DAYS & here, Security is absurd. Like you said absolutely absurd. 

• Members

I can buy it. Who knows how lonely a life Wagger has had since losing Karen and since his son moved out? This might be all he has going. But these scenes were pretty good and AH was quite good in them. He almost made me call him Jagger!

I was especially glad he zeroed in on why Anna defends Sonny, which has always infuriated me given Anna's history on this show and the fact that it's transparently done because of the offscreen friendships and to try to keep putting Sonny over with longtime fans even though he has been on the show for over 30 years. And to her credit, Finola beautifully played that like he was absolutely right and Anna couldn't take it.

• Members

Really great writing during the Sonny and Jagger scenes. I like how Sonny’s history of grooming is being acknowledged in a legitimate way. Gringo Jagger is still a weak point for me but Finola and Maura did great work supporting in those scenes.

Feels like they’ve kind of just thrown Jason back into the canvas but I’m locked in for the ride.

I’m gonna be honest IDGAF about kooky Heather, Laura’s demon brother, or Curtis and his family. I don’t ff because the show is so short nowadays but watching live was a chore, I definitely zoned out during their material. Surely they can find something else for Laura to do and I’d rather see Brook Kerr be the heavy player and Curtis take the back seat.

• Members

Curtis is just one of many characters who needs to go. BK deserves better.

I am pretty sure the latest BLQ/Tracy permutation re: Deception yesterday is a sudden whiplash rewrite on top of an existing double-cross but it's one I welcome. The bedding-in of that relationship and trying to make it closer and the intelligent discussion of Brook Lynn's future goals and ambitions and what Tracy wants her to have for herself was all very good for me.

• Members

Idk, Jagger's always been quite the ladies man.  I doubt even AH's version was that lonely thinking about Sonny all these years.  But, I too, said I would give AH's Jagger a shot in upthread today, so I'll do it lol.   I just hope we move on a bit from the Sonny stuff and into other things for him to do because even if the dialogue and scenes are well done it's going to get tedious for me quickly.

• Members
Posted (edited)

It's only tedious to me if nothing material comes of it, which is generally the case with Sonny. If it was up to me Scorpio and Anna would've set up a long-term The Wire-style sting op to take down Sonny for good years ago when they both returned to town full time. They still could! But I ain't betting on it lol. I would settle for Sonny having to really reckon with his horrible life, and be primed for oh, let's say Brenda.

And no, I still do not need Wagger here beyond this story.

Edited by Vee

• Members
Posted (edited)

Speaking my language of course. 

Considering there are new writers and AH is a decent actor and has done okay so far I'll see how it plays out.  I will never not be put out by this casting, but I can give it a shot.

Sonny needs a take down of course.  Jagger doing it isn't the most satisfying option for me.  

Edited by carolineg

• Members

Me neither. But yes, he did very well today. I definitely don't want him at the center of any potential takedown story either but I can accept him being here for the short term if the scripts stay good. Maurice seemed a bit thrown by how much emotion the other guy brought to it, so if history serves he should be complaining at fan events about the writing in a week or less!

I am legit worried about Dante making it BTW lol, that's how much the show has grabbed me. Even Kober impressed me with his depth of emotion in the scenes with Laura the other day, and usually I have zero patience for Cyrus (Monday's scenes with Portia were cathartic).

• Members

Jagger always had a savior complex, first with his siblings, then with Karen. His resentment here makes total sense to me.

As someone that watched the show when Sonny arrived, I do not agree that Sonny used Stone to rehab his image. Luke did more of that than Stone did. They got rid of Frank Smith together, and Luke opened the club with Sonny (the very same club that used to have Karen stripping in it). And truthfully, Brenda did too. All that happened before Stone’s illness and death.

He didn’t become Saint Sonny until the 2000’s. I get that this is not what Jagger thinks.

I want Sonny to pay just as much as the next person. But if you follow the logic that exists in Port Charles, Sonny is a mob boss that doesn’t run drugs and keeps worse things at bay. I’m not arguing the logic here, or the stupidity. I’m just saying that is what the show presents. So I understand Laura and Anna not going after him. I do not agree that they would be friends with him and so chummy though. But I get the looking away a little.