ALL: Actors who returned in a new role - has it ever worked?

• Members

It's not in the same category because Reginald was not created for John Considine (in fact he was an emergency replacement for the actor they originally hired) but the actor did play Vic Hastings in the 70s before returning in the 80s as Reginald. 

And of course Beverlee McKinsey played Emma for a few days before being cast as Iris.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

GL - Bradley Cole playing Prince Richard and then Jeffrey. I leave it up to others to decide if it worked since I preferred Edmund/DAM anyway.

AMC borrowed from GH and created Dr. Alex Devane to be the "late" Anna's twin sister before reviving Anna. I don't think she was a total flop but I may be biased because I always liked Finola Hughes. Out of curiosity, since I stopped watching GH 2 decades ago, did they ever acknowledge there that Anna had a twin sister?

• Members

Yeah Jeffrey sucked, and no way he should have lasted that long (until the show's cancellation and being paired up with Reva made it worse). Taggart and Co. were right to kill off Richard the first time around. And it's funny how Richard was brought back in the form of Jeffrey to appease RASSIE fans, but for a majority of Jeffrey's run the show spent pairing him up with everyone except Cassie. (They briefly hooked up but it was blink and you miss it kind of thing)

Edited by MichaelGL

• Members

Kitty/Kelly from All My Children was successful. Cindy's twin, Karen (also played by Ellen Wheeler), not so much... but, supposedly, if you believe the comments to this YT video, EW left of her own volition (I had assumed AMC dropped the character - writing her blackmailing Adam over what he did to Dixie, as well as Karen kidnapping Junior).

Edited by Janet Marlowe

• Members

My memory is foggy around this time period, but I don't believe they ever did. When NF took over I recall she was in the middle of that abysmal pairing with Josh, which to be honest I would've taken Jeffrey/Cassie over Josh/Cassie just to avoid the character assassination. The show was laser focused on making Josh/Cassie work, and then they started focusing on Josh becoming a reverend; while the show tried to pair Jeffrey with Blake and Mel, before settling on Reva. I get just seasick recalling those all those ridiculous pairings under Wheeler and Co. 

• Members

Jeffrey O'Neil was beyond unpopular with the bulk of the audience from what I recall. But he also had that very vocal segment of Bradley Cole fanatics who snowed execs in the early online era, so there we were.

Edited by Vee