ALL: Recasts who seemed like a different character.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

That was Marcy Breen. She played Linc Lafferty ex. Jill Powell was cast in the role after a previous actress had played Marcy for a short time.

Please register in order to view this content

Marcy appears in the 7 min mark.

• Members

Another World: Robin Strasser VS Victoria Wyndham

George Reinholt VS David Canary

Jacqueline Courtney VS All the other actresses.

Y&RJanice Lynde VS Victoria Mallory

William Gray Espy VS David Hasselhoff

Trish Stewart VS Lynn Topping

Brenda Dickson VS Bond Gideon VS Deborah Adair VS Jess Walton

GLCindy Pickett VS Carrie Mowery

Lynne Adams VS Barbara Rodell

Lynn Deerfield VS Maureen Garrett

• 4 months later...
  • Members
Posted (edited)

Christopher Bernau/Daniel Pilon/Ron Raines as Alan Spaulding. Chris Bernau's Alan had this sense of command about him. He was on top of everything, and if you crossed him, he suffered no fools. But I never doubted that he loved Phillip with every fiber of his being. Ron Raines' version is nothing but a lot of hot air, who rarely seemed even to like his son. The less said about Pilon, the better.

And Carrie Mowery as Jackie should be on every "worse recast" list. She's walking dishwater in the role.

Edited by P.J.

• Members

Dallas:

• Victoria Principal

Please register in order to view this content

Margaret Michaels (Pamela Barnes Ewing): a very brief appearance by Michaels in the role of Pamela was cold and chilling, but it could have worked... shame they didn't give her time.

• Members

Whenever I see a question like this, the one that immediately springs to my mind is Jerry verDorn as Clint Buchanan on OLTL. This was a role that was so intertwined with Clint Ritchie from the beginning (they even asked CR if they could change the character's original name to his). The whole Texas cowboy thing, along with Bo and Asa, all of the stories that had so much to do with CB's Southern/Western background...there were a lot of blurred lines and similarities between CB and CR. You could see CR was totally in his element in that whole Western persona. He was actually my longtime favorite on that show.
As much I loved JvD from GL and I did like him as Clint, his Clint did feel more like Ross with a slight twang. It's impossible to picture him in some of CB's earlier stories because he just didn't fit the type. Also, by the time he joined, they were taking Clint in a different direction anyway, ultimately making him more Asa-like at times.

• 2 weeks later...