ALL: Recasts who seemed like a different character.

• Members

Tracy Melchior as NuLily is a chilling thought. She's far worse than Noelle Beck, who actually has talent even if the recast was so awkward to watch and poorly handled. I remember her Kelly on OLTL, which was totally unrecognizable and felt like a temp.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

If Strasser was a pet of the "writer" it seems the "writer" wanted to put her down given what she had to work with. But beyond the writing, Strasser just wasn't good. She seemed exhausted and worn out by the time she got to DAYS

• Members

BOLD

Hunter Tylo's Taylor was more glamorous and more dramatic. The character was rarely funny and had seriousness and dept about her. On the positive - she was striking as can be, on the negative she seemed little judgmental. 

Krista Allen's Taylor was more realistic, sharp and funnier Taylor. The character didn't seem as dark or troubled then the previous casting, had an ease and lightness about her. On the negative - at time she felt like she was part of another show.  

• Members

Bold:

Donna Logan:  Carrie Mitchum's Donna was impulsive, but wasn't campy at all.   Her Donna seemed like a realistic character that you would see in day to day life in the 80s/early 90s.. she served as a good balance between Brooke and Katie's characteristics.   Jennifer G's Donna was a completely different character except that her Donna also didn't strive for Stephanie's approval just like Carrie's Donna.

Katie Logan:  The original Katie was shy and sweet, while Heather Tom's Katie is almost cold.  She would have made a better Donna Logan recast.

• Members

Hunter Tylo during her last range of stint was so unwatchable; it was almost as if she forgot about to act. And I hated that for her. Krista Allen was wonderfully cast but treated horrible.

These two have always been head-scratchers, as well as recasting Beth Logan, too.

• Members

Sadly it's true. Something happened to Hunter through the years and her acting really was becoming laughable. The hysterical hand gestures and head moving. I don't want to plastic surgery shame, since I love her and I LOVE THE OG Taylor 1990-2002... but... I think after she came back from the dead in 2005...  the dead came back with her, if you know what I mean. That face struggled to convey emotion. Krista really REVIVED Taylor back to living.

• Members

I don't want to shame her (re: surgery) either, but it really did change everything about her. She was one of the most stunning women in daytime and she just.... didn't see it in herself. Then she gained some weight in her face and it worked, but she did more work and it changed. The last return (as a blonde) felt like a caricature of Taylor, and it was so off-putting, and it seems her take on social media is that it wasn't what she wanted, either.

Allen REVIVED Taylor, yes. By that point I wasn't watching, but also looked for her scenes and felt she did an amazing job with some really s**t material.

• Members

She really did and she added so much characterization that I know wasn't written for her, since B-B isn't capable of it. That's why I hinted that she seemed like from another show. It felt strange to have her act out this bizarre crap Bradley was writing. But she made every bad script work and made Taylor SO likeable. I believe if she continued on, she would have gotten Emmy in a year or two. Maybe they knew that.

Please register in order to view this content