Days: August 2023 Discussion Thread

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

The way this show operates, I wouldn't have known it was the wrong episode. Yes, you'd expect the Monday show to follow up on Friday's close of Chloe seeing Philip at the door, but we often have to wait a few days or a week for a cliffhanger followup. Things seemed to be introduced rather abruptly, but that's nothing new either!

• Members

I didn't have lunch early enough to watch the spoiled episode, so it was just a normal Monday on my laptop.

Does the costume department not know that they're filming six months in advance?  Why are all the men wearing leather jackets in August?

Also, is there anything soap-ier than Belle and Brady taking time out of discussing their immediate concerns in order to have a little exposition dump about Phillip?  I also enjoy that in the DOOL universe, nobody ever talks off-screen or texts, they only have face-to-face conversations if they happen to run into each other in the center of town.

I guess since Kate was kidnapped by Dimitri she can help with gutting the fish at the Pub.  However, she was once a marketing success at Countess Wilhelmina.  Can't she write a PR plan for Roman's chowder?  Has love cost Kate all sense of purpose and avarice?

Finally, how is Shawn supposed to get sober when most of the businesses in Salem are bars?

• Members

So, today is the beginning of Season 59, first episode of, and that means that a year from today we will enter Season 60, big anniversary time. 8-28-24! I find that exciting! 

I found today to be a surprisingly good episode. Lots of people talking to each other. People I want to see. Not a bunch of people I do not want to see. And, what was discussed was certainly important. This is a new Philip to me. So far, okay. Anyone else?

Edited by Donna L. Bridges

• Members

I was just pondering that this would be the perfect time for Mia to return (perhaps as a recast).  I know the character was not that popular, but think about her connection to recent events.

Maggie needs her support now that Victor is dead.  Nicole is pregnant, which was a vital part of Mia's origin story. Chad is single, so she could be a hindrance in his relationship with Stephanie.  Plus, nobody has been to the Horton House where she lived for months, so she could visit there.  Extra credit if Mia became an OB-Gyn in her time away, since half of Salem is expecting and Kayla feels a little overwhelmed.

I'm just saying, given that Victor's death has motivated the return of many characters from her generation, it is remarkable how many ties to the canvas Mia has maintained.

Edited by j swift