Days: August 2023 Discussion Thread

• Members

Ok, how the [!@#$%^&*] was there no follow up with Eric and Sloan? A baby dies and it’s just like whatevs??? That’s just bad writing, bad production, bad everything. 

Today also had to be a Jamey episode. Everyone was a bigger scumbag than usual or just horny. Dimitri, Tripp and Stefan look hot but that was pretty much the only good parts of today. I also didn’t need Kristen, Gwen and Leo’s bullshit memories of Victor.

And Dimitri giving Leo a BJ? That poor man. I mean, it’s Leo.

Please register in order to view this content

Again, I’ll never understand how a team that produced an episode like Friday’s can produce an episode like today’s. Thank God Jamey’s gone. I just hope he doesn’t come slithering back when Tyler Perry inevitably fires his horrible, no talent ass. #JanetPlease

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

it's so delicious too. Hot chest after hot chest after hot chest!

I'm not sure which one I like best.

#JanetPlease 🙏

Janet please fire Greg Rikaart!!

Leo is horrible. The character really is a disaster. Probably the worst character ever created.

• Members

Yeah. Dude’s got some kind of obsession with rape, and with power and control. And humiliating people. And misogyny. Pretty much every toxic trait you can think of, and the writing clearly shows it. 

I’m gonna say it.

Its at the point where I think Leo is a disgrace to the LGBTQ+ community. It’s not even all the stereotypes. He’s just a horrible person and a horrible character. It’s almost like he’s not even human.

He definitely doesn’t represent me. 

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

It’s funny: RC said that, working under Labine and crew at OLTL as an assistant, he saw all of the network notes on scripts, etc. and absorbed key takeaways on what they would and wouldn’t approve well before he wrote for the show, which gave him an advantage, especially as he rose to HW. Not absolving him of responsibility, but his work is telling of how these networks see these shows. His stories of rape just sail through…

Edited by Faulkner

• Members

Well, DAYS had the reputation as the rape soap long before RC came along. And, BITD NBC pressured their soaps to not only include but to highlight violence against women. Some habits are hard to break. Still misogyny, rapemance, gay stereotyping, these are all fair criticisms of his Writing philosophy. And, also the man has no boundaries. If something in a story CAN go too far, with Ron it will. 

• Members

Today's episode was major suckage, beginning and ending with The Leo Show.

The attempts at camp and sharp gay humor are a FAIL. The attempts to make Leo an object of lust and desire are a FAIL. The attempts to make any of this entertaining or progressive for daytime are a FAIL.

It is breathtaking that Carlivati (or Giddens or whoever) believes that we want to see Dimitri give a BJ to Leo.

• Members

Me neither, but tbf, in some cases, that’s more on me than him

You’d think those both of them would have progressed over time, especially since he used to love to call people out on Twitter for the same reason. 

And don’t even get me started on Jamey Giddens 

Peter Porte really is being wasted, literally in every way.

Edited by AbcNbc247