Days: August 2023 Discussion Thread

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

What sucks is that if Victor does have an onscreen funeral, Marlena probably won’t be there

I think it has to do with both writing and acting. 

I already made it clear what I think about how this team writes women, but I don’t  think LG’s portrayal helps that much either. Even when Sarah’s supposed to be sincere and caring, it still always seems like she comes off as so mean and cold. Today wasn’t any different.

RSW has a similar problem lol 

An interview? 

• Members

I had the chance to meet her once at a convention that some of the cast just happened to be at promoting a DAYS anniversary book. It was around the time that Maggie first started getting huge stories again...2010/2011-ish.  She was so super sweet, insisted we take a picture, and excited that she was being used as a front burner character again. Judi Evans and Renee Jones were also there, and both were quite charming as well! Louise Sorel...well...not quite as charming.

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

What a great opening scene

Please register in order to view this content

I liked Nicole encouraging Johnny not to give up on Chanel. She’s always had a good relationship with Sami’s kids and it’s really good when the show remembers that. 

I still don’t like how Wendy and Chanel are so friendly though. She was jealous of Chanel for so long but now everything’s ok between the two of them? I don’t get it. It’s also starting to seem like Wendy and Tripp are gonna be in a bubble from now on and I don’t get that either. Why is this show suddenly so afraid to give a love triangle more than just one layer?

As for Eric/Sloan, all I can say is what the hell?!

I don’t actually hate the story choice but the way it was handled today… It was so rushed and sudden, almost like that its going to revealed as a dream or something, but Days doesn’t do those multi-episode dreams so idk. 

I still thought Jason Gerhardt did well today, so hopefully he’ll get a chance to shine in upcoming episodes.

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

Best part of the episode. Johnny should be hitting it all over town instead of pining over the same couple girls who can't see what's in front of them.

That hospital scene where Sloan dropped to the floor. My God, what a way to emphasize how few people work at that podunk hospital. Just ridiculous that we didn't immediately see a lot of onsite help.

Instead, this was used to show us Talia's medical skills??? As I've said before, Talia does not have the presence and gravitas of a doctor. NOTHING about her says "Yeah, let her operate on me."

Sloan losing the baby? Even that was so low energy I couldn't care less.

• Members

I actually thought the sillier part was Kayla reminding Talia that she could work as a doctor, after Talia complained about money.  It was as if she thought, "oh yeah, I almost forgot that I went to school for six years to study medicine while I was interning as a con artist."

First, is the hospital the only place doctors in Salem can work?  If the University doesn't hire her, can't she open a private practice?

Second, how has she been surviving thus far?  Colin went to jail a while ago, and I know Talia lives with her sister, but hasn't she had any expenses all summer?

I guess there was a reason that Talia was introduced as a doctor? Maybe it is heading toward a romance with Tripp?  But, so far, it seems awfully random.  Including her instinct to do CPR on Sloan, rather than calling for an emergency code (and where's the emergency room in that place?)

Edited by j swift