Twitter is, after 17 years, is rebranding to "X"

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

The devolution of Twitter, or the social media network formerly known as Twitter is just bizarre to observe. Many people, myself included, suspected that the name would be changed to X but it seems to have changed overnight, with no advance notice. If I were a company, especially a news company, or any company that cares about its brand, I would stop dawdling on Twitter/X or whatever they decide to call themselves today and diversify to other social media platforms because the social media platform of Musk is just unstable and may very well become unsustainable soon. And these brands, along with their millions of followers may be lost on a sinking ship.

I am observing users on other social media platforms wondering aloud about how to download their data, and I am thinking “Uh hun, shouldn’t you have had a plan for how to do this 6 months ago?

Threads, which was the big sensation a week and a half ago, has already dropped. I guess, it has already reached critical mass with all the Instagram users having already signed on by now.

• Members

I consider Threads to be an extension of Instagram, so those who already have Instagram accounts are the ones who flocked to Threads. I didn’t really expect people outside of the Meta/Facebook/Instagram to join en masse, especially after the head of Instagram said that Threads has no interest in news or being a news aggregator in the way that Twitter had become known for.

• Members

Elon… the smartest guy alive coming up with the smartest names/brands. I mean a simple X? Like seriously? Wow. That’s impressive… I mean I assume my intelligence is below average coz I don’t see Elon‘s bigger picture for X..

Maybe someday someone can enlighten me