YR Promo: Summer/Kyle/Audra

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Webmaster

Not condoning what Summer did, but if you can jump into bed with another woman like Kyle does with Audra, do you truly love your wife? I don't know what message the soaps try to give when they show spouses cheating so easily and freely, but it's not a good one. It tells me that marriage is a joke and telling the world how much you love each other is a lie.

What a waste of time marriage is. Explains why it's in decline in several countries, especially the U.S., along with birthrates. Again, not worth it.

• Members

Kyle continues to be gross just like his mom and dad. He did this same sort of stuff when he was with Summer and then Lola came on the scene, and then when he was with Lola... back to Summer. Just yuck. 

• Members

My issue is the zero buildup. I know they are limited in terms of the sets, but chemistry building up is something that can be accomplished in the various static setups they have. Audra handed Kyle his phone at the gala which was nothing. Then they talked one other time. And then they jump into bed? It's just another example of them skipping steps. 

• Members

I know I'm in the minority, but I've enjoyed Silver.  I think a good s*** stirrer is what every show needs. I preferred Imani, but since that ship has long since sailed, Audra is what we've got. (Eww to sleeping with smarmy "Flucker") That said, Griffith's warp speed approach to EVERY story is ridiculous. He's basically written Summer and Kyle into a corner. He's gone out of his way to have Jack and Kyle growl and sneer over the mere mention of her name. Jack has always been like a second father to Summer. He should be at least sympathetic to her plight. As much as I have been appreciating Allison Lanier as Summer, this cloying  "But my mother will have to go to jail" routine has gotten so old. She's working with what she's got, but it's just gotten so annoying.

No to Summer and Chance, though, he's too old for her-- even with the retcon . No one would even consider it if "Good ole MAGA lieutenant"  Donny Boaz was still in the role.

Griffith obviously has no idea what to do with Phallus, even with both kids on the canvas. Then again, he's just been showing us how foolish the notion was to make him both EP and Head Writer at the same time. Dead babies, bombs attached to a teen, pulling a dead Diane redux with "Big Red", Ashland Nate using Victoria to screw Chancellor Newman Enterprises, etc...

New blood needs to end this horrible set of stories. Where's the romance?  Jack and Diane? Flucker and Ash?  Where's the Young in Young and the Restless? He couldn't even write for Moses, who should have been around to help resolve the problems between his brother and sister. Can't write anything but "let's kill Faith's dorm cat and attach a bomb to her" --then send her away. Noah and Ali? gone. Creepy Connor? the less of him the better.

• Members

If there is a silver lining to this, at least ZS and AL will be able to bring it big in confrontation scenes. 

For a while there it seemed the show was writing Summer to Lanier’s strengths but the moment Summer was thrown under the bus it pretty set the character back and ruined the growth. Had the show just kept Summer out of the loop about her mom it would have been wayyy better instead of turning Summer to see a vengeful Summer out for blood and then out for Phyllis’ blood after learning the truth. Instead we get Summer turning into a blubbering mess. 

But that is the main problem with Griffith’s plot driven stories is they are so poorly thought out. The last time Griffith wrote a show during its 50th year was Days, and this is simply bound to go down in flames like his Days run did. 

• Members

On the one hand, it should be freeing that entertainment need not be responsible for sending messages, on the other hand, the history of the daytime drama on American television seemed to be at its most compelling when it had something meaningful to say, yes, in other words…a message. 

JMO but the constant switching of partners by bed-hopping on daytime soaps just seems tired and redundant and useless and if it’s anything daytime soaps, which are already on the edge of irrelevance, don’t need, it’s something that propels the genre even further toward irrelevance and redundancy.  Infidelity  is now being used as a mere plot point on soaps when the writers can’t think of anything else to do. Here’s a concept, maybe keep the characters single for awhile, write stories about characters finding their way, learning who the heck they are before marrying them off. What worked for Nick and Sharon 25-30 years ago may not work for Kyle and Summer or any characters in this day and age. There are so many different ways and directions they could have taken Kyle, Summer and a whole host of under aged 40 characters but the writers don’t seem to want to do any of these things, so they continue to reach for the lowest hanging fruit of story writing.

I have enjoyed Zuleyka Silver too but it has nothing to do with the stories on the show. It’s her attitude, the mischievous glint in her eyes when she’s in scenes with Nate and Adam and Elena. She can deliver her lines in a conspiratorial or goading manner. You are never really sure which side of the fence she is on but you are always aware that she will be looking out for her own interests first and foremost. She is managing to do a lot with what little she is being given to work with. It does make me wonder, if they don’t find a substantial story to give to Audra, how much longer can Zulekya Silver stretch what she’s been given?

• Members

Yeah, I too would prefer Imani, but I do give credit where credit is due. For the reason listed here, is why I like ZS as an actress. And while I like what she is doing, my issue with Audra is the same...it's to the actress's skills, she is doing a lot of great with so little. But eventually can they give her substantial story? Well, technically, they had that by revealing she was Noah's ex and they had a baby. But they dropped that and the potential triangle with Noah and Allie. Now...if this mess with Kyle and Summer leads back around to Kyle vs Noah vs Chance...well...