Days: May 2023 Discussion Thread

• Members

OK, Kristen leaving prison in a catsuit was funny and damn entertaining.

I was reminded that DAYS is not trying to be anything more than a silly distraction, and I have reset my expectations. 

There's plenty of other media that is much better equipped to comment on current events.

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I love Christopher Sean and Paul and Paul and John!  That's it.  

Marlena was so excited to see Roman!  Literally more excited than Kate was after she came back from the dead.  Calm down, Doc!

Today's episode was fine.  Kristen showing up at Marlena's door was a good cliffhanger.

• Members

Maybe lol?  Samantha didn't even know Roman, so I don't think even she would be excited to see Mumbles Brady.  I was just curious why Deidre played it with such exuberant joy.  That was literally more happiness to see Roman than she's exhibited in the last 25 years of Josh playing Roman.  Unless Wayne is hiding under a Josh Taylor mask it was weird. 

Edited by carolineg

• Members

Unless we find out that Samantha once spent the night with Roman while he was protecting Marlena from the Salem Strangler (and Roman didn't realize he was guarding the wrong twin).

By the way, I'm totally kidding, lol.

• Members

lol!  I know you are joking, but even if that happened I think Sam would be highly disappointed in what Roman's become.  She'd be like...never mind hard pass.

I have discussed this in the Classic Days thread, but Sam and Marlena really don't look identical and Don is an idiot.

Edited by carolineg

• Members

I wonder why Megan's first stop out of prison was the Brady Pub?  Please don't tell me it was because she recalled her love of their chowder!

I predict it won't happen, but I would love to see Megan renew her rivalry with Roman for telling Bo that she had an abortion, and her classic put down to Tony when she told him that he was always jealous of her because he knew she was Stefano's favorite, even before they found out she was a Dimera (Do we capitalize the M?).

Also, @carolineg or @AbcNbc247 I totally missed the details on beard guy who wanted to put Dimitri back in jail (I skipped BS2).  He's also a Von Leuschner?  Are they related?  And classic DAYS script, nobody takes the opportunity to get more information on Dimitri when they had the chance.

• Members

He was in the first Beyond Salem and is related to Dimitri on the Von Leuschner side.   Lord Sebastian helped save the day toward the end of the first series.  Marlena did exposit about it a bit in her scenes today before the actor appeared. 

• Members

For the show to address this issue, a character choosing to join the police force due to police brutality, would require the show to address their recent past of having a white police officer shooting an unarmed black youth who is on the Autism spectrum. Given the reaction to that story, I imagine that's not something the show really wants to draw any light to.

• Members

The best part of today's show was the three cliffhangers. The Marlena and Kate scenes were nice. The negotiation scenes were boring as sh!t.  I'm already getting tired of Dimitri. Peter Porte is such a boring actor. His scenes with Steve Burton were coma inducing.

• Members

Yeah. I know they’re cash strapped, but I really think that a lot of these bad decisions are choices and not because of any budget issues. 

Craig/Nancy, and that Heaven/Hell nonsense immediately come to mind

Please register in order to view this content

Lord Sebastian’s an Alamain. 

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

Today was a Jamey episode.

Y’all know this guy’s been waiting for the chance to have someone call Roman Chris and today he finally got it.

Dimitri’s entry into the Dimera family could be good if it’s done well, which it wasn’t today. Who knew a European aristocrat could be so cringey and campy?

Same could be said for Harris moving to Salem. I wonder who he’s going to be paired with. 

As for Kristen, she’s beyond played out. Just kill her off.

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

I still can't believe they aired that story. Whew.

They actually *did* have Lani address being a Black woman who was also a police officer. This was perhaps in the year before she left -- I can't recall the full context, maybe she was talking to Chanel? It felt a little like a "Ah crap, we need to address this somehow," but it was nevertheless one of the more interesting things they ever gave Lani to say just because it vaguely made her seem like a real person for a scene or two. It never came into play in a larger way.