Days: May 2023 Discussion Thread

• Members

Hi, gang! It’s that time again 

Please register in order to view this content

What will be in store for us this month on Days… especially now that it looks like the end of Bo and Hope’s return has been completely botched? 

Maybe this month, we’ll find out who’s actually responsible for this mess. Uncle Ron and his biggest cheerleader (who’s finally leaving Ron’s writing team, thank God) or some clueless suits over at Peacock? Who knows? 

As for what’s happening onscreen, will this month be May Sweeps or May Sleeps? Let’s find out

DISCUSS!

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Errol pinned and featured this topic
  • Members

EJ and Belle’s scenes today seemed so random. There didn’t seem to be any point to them. Plus, EJ was out of character. He’s not the type of man to rely on somebody else to get something done; he’d do it himself. But if it means that the Shawn/Belle/EJ triangle is going to be revived, I’m all for it. I hope they weave more characters into it as well. 

Andrew’s support of Harris seems a little random too. But Colton and Steve do work well together, and I’m curious to see how rescuing Kate is going to play out. For them and for Roman and Steve. 

And yeah, I still can’t believe that Bo and Hope are just gone. I hope we find out the real story as to why it happened like this. 

• Members

EJ and Belle scenes are worthless. Belle reschedules her day to be with EJ but not Shawn?

I just want Harris and Shawn to have angry sex. Just because I don't care for their scenes.

The Kate redux story is typical Carlivati. 

Mumbles has to go!

The Bo and Hope updates is what we're reduced to? Why did they bother bringing them back?

• Members

In all seriousness if the show is going to revisit the EJ/Belle story they need to be careful. I mean on one hand the chemistry between Dan and Martha is very strong and the characters connection is wonderfully complicated. However at the moment Shawn is in a serious crisis and he needs his wife desperately. Yes Belle can be pretty selfish at times. But if she begins an affair at this point it would be pretty hard to show any sympathy towards her. But then again it may add layers to the story. Good people can from time to time do things that are unsympathetic. If Belle does this we must see her suffer for the consequences of her actions. 

• Members

Well, I’m glad I’m not the only one who finds SB/Harris hot

Agreed.

We can add this to the growing list of reasons as to why this storyline should never have ended last year. If it had continued, Shawn shooting Bo could have been the thing that brought him and Belle back together. 

• Members

I was confused when Belle said that she was in trial on a case.

We can assume she didn't mean Chanel's case because that was either dismissed or hasn't gone to trial.

In January it was mentioned that she and Shawn were living in South Africa helping their daughter, and we know she is not a member of the Johannesburg Bar Association. 

So, is this just an unnamed litigant or have I missed some recent detail?

Also, on Friday EJ was jealous about Nicole, but today he's flirting with Belle.  Is he just an F-boy like Alex or do his emotional connections change on a dime like his Aunt Kristen?

• Members

If today was part of a plan to make Alex a likable good guy, it still isn’t going to work. There’s too many factors that are up against it.

Idk what to make of Colin’s plan. I think it could be good if it’s taken seriously, and Ron leaves his biases out of the writing (which he didn’t do today when Allie was mentioned) It could be gritty and realistic, which the show really could do with their storylines now that it’s on Peacock. And he did look good today too. Was he wearing Xander’s shorts?

Speaking of Xander, we don’t need another pissing contest, with him and Brady. EJ and Stefan is enough already. That’s another storyline where the envelope could be pushed and as a result, stir up conflict for Brady and Chloe, instead of using the same tropes again.

But I’m glad that apartment set is going to be used again.

Edited by AbcNbc247