Days: May 2023 Discussion Thread

• Members

Just like with Alex yesterday, I see the show tried to make us like Leo and Gwen today. And just like with Alex, it isn’t going to work. 

And btw, that’s a big HELL NO on a Brady/Gwen pairing. 

I am really glad that Victor knows that Bo is alive and that he’s going to Greece to see him. But at the same time, I think that this Bo and Hope storyline should still include Bo and Hope, just sayin. 

Has there been any word yet as to why the Bo and Hope storyline was ruined so badly? Like in the Soap media or on Twitter? 

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Yeah, the height difference is mind-boggling. I'd certainly notice if my husband suddenly had extra... inches. 

With Deidre Hall's 5000th episode about to hit, I think now would be a good time to have Marlena retire as a therapist. But that would involve acknowledging that she's reached a certain age, so... 

• Members

When Marlena was having that whole issue with the hospital board after the Possession I kept wondering why she didn't just retire.  It doesn't appear John works (when's the last time BlackPatch had a case?), but I do think the writers do like to give characters a shrink to go to.  The show probably would have been better served making Belle a shrink instead of a lawyer so there would be more shrink options and Marlena could quietly retire. 

• Members

The "He could not be a campier gay boy" writing for Leo is HORRENDOUS, and Greg Rikaart does nothing to elevate any of it.

In other gay news, it's cringe watching Talia pretend to be sexually attracted to Chanel. We're getting a straight girl who looks petrified and even disgusted that she might have to have sex with another female, and it's all offensive as phuck.

• Members

Just for the sake of discussion, (and not to be confused with defending the story), it would be odd if every young woman that Chanel meets is sexually fluid.  I didn't see it as Talia being disgusted with the idea of a kiss, I thought she is hesitant to manipulate Chanel in order to please Colin.  I interpreted her hesitation as some degree of apprehension which will be used to rehabilitate the character.

I'm actually a bit more offended on behalf of Jada who is not only being sexually harassed by her boss (hyperbole), but also nobody is giving her credit for cracking the case so quickly.  Left to his own devices, Rafe would still be staring at some bulletin board with Sloan's picture on it in July without a single clue.

Edited by j swift

• Members

Gabi and Stefan were pure FF material. This Dimera crap is so pointless. And, is it just me or has this writing team seemed to have gotten tired of EJ? As a character, he just seems to be missing something lately. 

Rafe is just dumb. One of the dumbest cops I’ve ever seen in Salem

Please register in order to view this content

I hope Jada keeps her suspicions about Talia. 

Eric/Nicole are always great together. I hope they play the long game with their storyline. If they start re-investing in EJ, it could end being really good. 

• Members

Yeah, and EJ’s not like that.

Judging from the storyline, it seems like a lack of interest to me. Either that, or they’re trying to sacrifice him at Stefan’s expense.

Made his debut and planted a big juicy kiss on his sister in law

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

Outside of the initial Sami stuff, I don't find the show has ever had much interest in DF's EJ.  He has airtime, but his stories are either stupid or end abruptly (see Belle and the first incarnation of him and Nicole)

I honestly don't know if we are supposed to take this Stefan/EJ stuff seriously or if it's supposed to be comedic and they are supposed to look like idiots.

• Members

I think it doesn't help the cause that we hardly ever see them in the workplace.  Show us, don't tell us, how EJ treats his employees.  Is Stefan good at negotiation?  Or, at the most basic, how does their company make money?

On a similar note, I think they've dropped the ball on having Maggie as the CEO of Kiriakis.  Yes, her interplay with Xander and Alex is an interesting source of conflict.  However, I want to know how Maggie deals with Victor's prior more nefarious business endeavors.  They mentioned the prisms three weeks ago, and now seem to have completely forgotten about their importance.  Does Maggie know that her company is funding medical research in Greece?  I'd like to see Maggie struggle with the ethical issues at Kiriakis and then use Xander and Alex to help decide how to keep the company on the straight and narrow.

Edited by j swift

• Members

I guessed that it’s supposed to be funny, but I don’t think that’s working at all

I also think you’re right that they wanted Ejami, but they have to know by now that Ali Sweeney is never coming back full time. Instead of holding onto that dream, they should use what they have. The Shawn/Belle/EJ could have been so good and weaving Eric/Nicole/Sloan/Jada/Rafe into it would have been so good as well. But now it’s like it never happened. What I don’t understand is why EJelle was built up for so long like they were going to be an actual couple if it was just gonna be sex.

Yep. Looks like it. 

And I’m dying to find out what happened behind the scenes 

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

Considering Stephanie’s attitudes towards Harris, and today with Alex, is it possible that they’re writing her as the fall guy in order to prop them both? I do like that Harris is joining up in the search for Kate though. And I’m curious about the cliffhanger with Kate today and who the mystery boss was, because Kate doesn’t know the person that I think it is. Unless 

I hope we get some more EJ/Eric brawls. It’s been a long time since we’ve had a good fight on Days. And it’s definitely time for EJ to get his teeth back. And why aren’t they allowed to say ass***e on Days now? It always gets cut

Btw, congratulations Nicole! 

Edited by AbcNbc247