Days: May 2023 Discussion Thread

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I was laughing at the fact Talia/Colin's entire set of scenes were done in their underwear.  They looked good, but that must have been super uncomfortable for them lol.  

I don't know why Alex/Gwen even started if they were just going to immediately end it.  I guess to give Alex a good guy edit?  But there aren't any stakes here.  Gwen might be bummed for a few days, but she'll be fine.  Also, it was a real stretch to compare the relationships of Stephanie/Alex to Xander/Gwen.  Even if I hated Xander/Gwen they were going to get married.  Stephanie/Alex hooked up one time-not the same level of heartbreak there.  

The Chloe/Brady/Leo/Xander stuff is stupid.  The story is all wrong, but I do think PT and NB have chemistry.

Overall a dull show.  I felt bad for Chanel and I don't really get why Colin wants Talia to break her heart again.  She's already broken hearted over a romance.  I don't know why Talia has to date her.  Just become Chanel's best friend and confidant.  I can tell I have been more sad over friendships falling apart than like half of my romances lol. 

• Members

Leo is an embarrassment. There is no reason for him to be on the show.

This show is so damn stale. Its awful. 

What happened to more edge to this show?

You apparently haven't seen Jasper Newman(Colin) short film.

Please register in order to view this content

He appears nude in it.

So I doubt he was uncomfortable.

• Members

I actually was thinking more about the actress that plays Talia.  She seemed uncomfortable just hanging out in her bra while being forced to seduce a woman to be mean when she's not even bi or gay.

Leo literally does the same thing every episode.  Make bad jokes.  Spend money.  Ogle at straight men.  He's not a character.  He's a walking joke.  And, let's be honest, I don't particularly like GR, but the man can actually act and is being wasted on this wacky stereotype. 

• Members

I thought of that after I posted: Ah, yes, boarding school.  So he can come out a disgruntled, angsty teen. 

(I'm not ready to accept seeing Chloe as the mother to a teenager, but Belle/Shawn's kid is like nearly 30 at this point, so...) 

• Members

Yep.

Chloe can afford a boarding school for her son, but can’t afford a place to live. Unless she’s pulling a Leo and having Craig pay

Please register in order to view this content

That’s what I was saying. Now that they’re streaming, I wish they would go deeper and grittier with their storylines, instead of doing the same stuff.

Brady should give Rachel a beating. He could fall off the wagon as a result or Rachel could be taken away by CPS. 

Alex should be changing his life not because we gotta have Ben/Marlena 2.0 but because he got an STD or something or suddenly realizes that he’s a sex addict. 

It could be so good if they’d do more with each story.

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

In other news, Marlena, who once f'ed John on a conference table during a party, in order to console him over the death of Isabella, within view of her daughter, and just last week avoided calling the same daughter to tell her that she is back from the dead because she was having canoodling in the tub, is advising Alex not to use sex as a distraction.

Edited by j swift

• Members

I actually assumed Parker has some sort of trust from Daniel and Chloe's just not touching that.  She mentioned she had a savings and that's more than anyone else on this show says, so I'll assume Chloe might have money put away specifically for her child. 

Eh, I am going to give Marlena on pass on that because I don't think that reflects on her ability to assess someone else for her job.  I am not going to deny evidence suggests Marlena might not be the best shrink, but I don't think she's wrong about Alex.  Honestly, I would find the fact Marlena gets kidnapped, possessed, dies, etc several times a year more concerning because she misses a lot of appointments.  Screwing John on a conference table is one of her least offensive actions.  This woman actively could not tell her husbands apart for years.    

• Members

She's more of a Dear Abby than an Anna Freud - all advice, no analysis - makes me wonder if anyone on the writing staff has been in therapy

While I agree, (to paraphrase Rizzo from Greece), that there are worse things she could do, it did screw up Sami for many years

Edited by j swift

• Members

I'd feel MUCH worse for Sami if she didn't blame Marlena/John having an affair for all her own poor actions for decades.  And if Sami still didn't bring up to this day.  John and Marlena have been married 25 years and Belle is about 40 now lol.  Get over it!

Laura and Kim have also been on the psychiatric staff throughout the years and were literally institutionalized at different points.  I'd actually say until JER the writers tried to take Marlena's job seriously.  After that it became a joke.