Days: May 2023 Discussion Thread

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

So like, what is up with Paulina Price and Bear Claws? I swear, it's like Bear Claws This and Bear Claws That. Bear Claws! Bear Claws! Beeeaaarrr-Claaaaaws! 

Please register in order to view this content

You know what? Every time I hear her obsession with Bear Claws, I think of this poor guy, and all he wanted was a Bear Claw too. 

Bear Claws - Boogie Nights

Edited by Noel

• Members

The one who gets on my nerves these days is Paulina. 

Jackee's acting style is too bombastic.  It is cute when she consults with various men about their love lives, but the character has no humanity.  She acts like she is cast in a 70's sitcom when she indicates her panic as if she were Fred Sanford (This is the big one!).  I want to see the skills she brought to Women of Brewster Place, and not one note portrayal she demonstrated on 227 or Everyone Hates Chris, but there is no nuance, and it is just too big for daytime.

And, not to belabor a point, but doesn't she own their universe's version of Costco?  Why is she living in a condo so small that they eat in the living room?

• Members

I have always found Jackee's acting style OTT for Days.  I know that's rich coming from a Deidre Hall fan, but she comes off cartoonishly a lot and I know she's capable of more.  I also don't think Paulina has a lot of depth.  I feel like Paulina is a personality more than an actual character.  It's not high on my list of Days complaints, but I understand what you are saying completely.

I believe Paulina's house is supposed to be an actual penthouse.  It just looks small like everything else on Days.

• Members

I doubt it.

As much as I love Jackee I am tired of Paulina. The problem is the dialogue is repetitive for her and most of the characters on the show.

The show needs a total overhaul. Just like WJB did with YR when he got rid of the Brooks for the Abbots.

• Members

It really annoys me.  I know on GH Mac lost his accent one day and it was never spoken of again, but this is just something so lazy and weird to not address.  All you have to say is one line about Sloan working hard to lose her English accent or something to distance herself from the family and heartbreak.  But no, we are just pretending it's absolutely normal for siblings to have two different accents when they grew up together and have the same mother and father. 

• Members

I agree.  It's been a few semesters, but I don't recall Jackee being so OTT on ANOTHER WORLD.  On there, she was more like what Sondra Clark was on "227" before she became the black sitcom version of Mae West.

Again, I agree.  By now, it's obvious that that "'cock money" is nowhere to be found.  Yet, they continue to write and produce DAYS as if it's still on the network - and bear in mind, even when it WAS still on the network, the threads were showing big time, lol.

If it were up to me, I'd bring DAYS back down to earth, and back to basics.  No more action/adventure, espionage or sci-fi crap.  Again, there's no real money for it.  I'd also take a long, hard look at the cast as is and decide who has potential going forward and who doesn't.  Perhaps, it's time to accept that the Bradys, the DiMeras and even the Hortons have had their day?  Who knows?  But, I'd definitely invest in some new characters and families if I'd want DAYS to have a future in streaming (and I do).

• Members

It feels like Jackee is acting like she's in front of a live studio audience.  I think she does her best work with the motherly scenes with Chanel. 

I agree about Days going back to basics. John/Marlena/Patch/Kayla do not need to be doing action/adventure stuff at this point.  I don't think we need to ditch the Hortons or Bradys.  There are loads of characters to dump starting with Rafe, Leo, and Gwen.

• Members

Oh God, I was just thinking about this last night. He made it up out of whole cloth and then it was in every fùcking script. Heather literally painted Kelly's BLTs during her whole art fraud scheme with Franco! Same as when there were a few too many stupid quips by online fans about Joss wearing that goddamn corn costume one year. All of a sudden there were 20 corn jokes in the scripts for months to come. People still call her "Joss of the Corn" like it's still funny!

Edited by Vee

• Members

Thank you for mentioning that, @Vee.  I thought I was misremembering, lol.

Clearly, Ron loves the idea of running gags.  However, his gags are hardly ever funny; and the more others seem to resist them, the harder he seems to push them, because he's convinced you're going to love 'em if it's the very last thing you do.  It's torture.

Edited by Khan