Days: May 2023 Discussion Thread

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I thought about Soap Central, but the idea of reading through recaps of 2002 does not bring me joy.   I'll take your word for it.  

It looks like Sami/Nicole were shot at by an assassin after Victor.   Nicole got shot and Sami was fine.  Sami did not shoot Nicole.  This seems to have to do with Colin.

Edited by carolineg

• Members

I look forward to watching it, but like others have said, they really should've done a tribute for the whole episode. Why the heck not? DAYS used to do nostalgic schmaltz like no other show. 

The Pit - interesting. It always seems like anything 1991-1992 is overlooked on this show unless they throw out a Jack/Jennifer Wedding 1.0 flashback. 

• Members

I am always amazed at how awful Deidre looks in that Pit.  Marlena truly looks at death's door.  That was a good flashback as was the scene with Jennifer's friend on the ledge from 1986.  The whole coma thing would have been avoided if Marlena just wore more sensible shoes lol.

• Members

Days fans might find this info worthwhile, though I imagine you are all already on top of this. It's from Ron in a solid article Vulture ran with soap personnel re: the strike (in the WGA strike thread):

Edited by Vee

• Members

I agree.  And it was very clunky the way John kept saying she saw 5000 patients and that's why they are celebrating, while Marlena was like no I haven't seen nearly 5000 patients.  Weird dialogue, but you could tell Drake was very heartfelt with his words and it's clear it meant a lot to Deidre and Drake, so that's nice.  

• Members

The math isn't mathing on this whole 5,000-client thing.

An average insurance plan allows each client 25 psychiatrist sessions per year.  That would be 125,000 client hours.  Most clinics only will enable you to bill 30 hours per week because doctors need time to attend meetings and other administrative duties.  So, seeing that many clients would take 4,167 weeks or 80 years.  Even if she only saw each client ten times, it would still take 32 years to complete.  Given Marlena's PTO for kidnappings, demonic possessions, comas, and travel, it doesn't seem possible that she's seen 5,000 clients. 

Sources : https://www.mhanational.org/what-do-i-need-know-about-my-insurance-benefits and a calculator.

Edited by j swift

• Members

Okay, so let me get this straight. Obviously, I'm a little behind on DAYS episodes, but after watching some episode last week, I'm a little puzzled.

So, Talia professes on the top of Mount Zion that she's straight. Umm, so like, did she all of a sudden turn bi or pansexual the moment Chanel enters Small Bar in a Forever 21 dress? Wow. I didn't know that sexual orientation can sway or just happen like that. 

But if Talia is bi or pansexual, I know which sexual role she'll be playing. Mmm-hmm. Time to put that baby bib around your neck, bitch. Mmm-hmm.

Oh, I know. And so does God.

• Members

Colin is forcing Talia to seduce Chanel for revenge, just like Gabi faked an attraction to Li or how Nicole once faked that she was into Victor.  I am sure you know that kissing a girl doesn't suddenly "make" a person bisexual, just like wearing pink doesn't "turn" a guy gay.

Edited by j swift

• Members

I love that you called him "Steve Burton" and not "Harris," because, let's face it, Burton isn't strong enough as an actor to play anything other than a version of himself, lol.

And it totally sucks that they didn't devote the entire episode to Marlena and John.