Days: May 2023 Discussion Thread

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I momentarily blanked on Harris's name and almost wrote Jason lol.  So I just went with Steve Burton was "acting" in this segment.  Full disclosure, I actually don't think SBu is that bad at the acting.

No.  Colin was around about 20 years ago and romanced Jennifer (among a bunch of other ladies).  He could be this Colin's dad.

Thanks for this!  Sweet tributes for such a big achievement.  It feels so poignant and special after losing so many daytime legends this year.

• Members

Correcting my earlier math, John specified that he was including Marlena's talk-show callers as clients.  However, given that short amount of time that the radio show was on the air (not counting her time in the pit), she would still have needed to work every week for over 50 years to see 5,000 clients, and we know that wasn't the case.

Also, if I were Marlena, I would highlight Micky, rather than Ben, as most her successful case.  Time will tell if Ben ever gets the urge to strangle again. But, Micky recovered well, raised two daughters, and never needed therapy again.

• Members

I mean, Marlena kept correcting John's math and was clear she hadn't seen that many patients.  So it's not really up for debate because she kept saying that wasn't how many patients she has actually treated.  It was an awkward excuse to pay tribute to Deidre's 5000th episode, but it wasn't made to be taken seriously.  I am not trying to be argumentative, but the show was not making it out to be an accurate assessment at all.  Just John boasting about how awesome his wife is.

• Members

Totally agree; they had to find something that reflected the number 5,000

Please register in order to view this content

Do we also agree that the production model stood out in today's episode?  Marlena's never shied away from eating in the same place as her clients.  Some of them have come over for the holidays.  But the Alex scenes were shot on another day, so they couldn't be on the same set.

Also, I didn't get the logic of Maggie talking to Roman rather than attending the business meeting.  I guess Alex will save his job when Stephanie tells Maggie what happened.  But, there's no other reason that she wouldn't have been there.

Edited by j swift

• Members

TRUTH.  There was a lot of clunkiness with the reason like I said, but it's not like Kayla had a banner ready saying "Thanks for serving 5000 patients, DOC!" lol.

Marlena has never cared about eating as the same place as her clients, especially one so open about his therapy like Alex.  That was a weird line.  There are so many examples of Marlena not caring at all about being close with her clients.  A lot were related to her.

• Members

Thanks! This show has been so speedy lately that it's difficult to keep up with what's going on.

I'm so glad Jada is finally calling out that nasty sh*thole motel room. I've been expressing this for several months now. But, it feels good to hear a fictional character say it, lol!

The meeting scene with Stephanie, Alex, and Mr. #MeToo Man is really stupid. 

• Members

This is one of those good idea/lousy execution issues for me.

I'm happy that someone pointed out Maggie's lack of experience running a multinational company that manages everything from shipping to medical research and technology. Still, the context and performance were subpar (at least the guest star provided his own wardrobe).

As I mentioned, it seems evident that Alex will be hesitant to tell Maggie about the client's attitude toward her.  Stephanie will step in and save his job. Thus extending the Stephanie/Alex/Chad triangle.