Days: May 2023 Discussion Thread

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Not much happened today, but Sloan and Colin’s reunion was set up for tomorrow and I’m looking forward to that. 

I’m really liking this Nicole/Anna friendship. I like that she has Anna to confide in. And Anna keeping the secret could lead to something in the future.

Meanwhile, I love that everyone is congratulating Dee on Twitter for her 5000th episode 

• Members

This soap is really bad.

The same repetitive dialogue once again today.

The actor playing Colin sucks.

Talia and Chanel scenes are very offensive. Carlivati has no scruples. 

There was nothing good about today's episode.

Edited by Soapsuds

• Members

Nothing happened today.

It's a real shame they are going this route with Talia/Chanel.  I think they actually have a lot of chemistry, but RB has chemistry with pretty much everyone.

Nicole is being an idiot lying about this.  She'll never learn.

• Members

For the sake of discussion, how is the Talia and Chanel story offensive, but Gabi leading on Li Shin (or the millions of other golddigger plots in DAYS history) went without comment?

I'm not implying that two wrongs make a right, but soaps have a long history of vixens using their sexual wiles to get what they want.  I fail to see why the specifics of this relationship are any different. 

I think there is something progressive about adapting soap opera troupes to characters with more fluid sexuality.  I see Talia telegraphing her ambivalence at manipulating Chanel as a means to rehabilitate the character in the future when Colin is inevitably punished for his evil deeds.

I don't think the idea is groundbreaking or even that intriguing, but I also don't think it disrespects the LGBTQIA audience.  Personally, it would be more offensive if Talia identified as bisexual and they used her intimacy with Chanel and Colin to imply that she could not commit to an exclusive relationship.

Edited by j swift

• Members

Gabi and Stefan can just go away. This Dimera stuff is so stupid and pointless. This is exactly what I didn’t want to happen with them. They rushed the Stefan getting his memory back story and now they’re just stuck doing nothing, like Will/Sonny and Ben/Ciara. And we’re probably gonna be stuck with this until 

Please register in order to view this content

I liked the Sloan/Colin scenes. The acting still needs work but they really improved Sloan’s character. She’s finally more than just the bitchy lawyer/Real Housewives rip-off. A character can keep their edge and be rootable at the same time. 

Speaking of acting, I like Talia, but after today, I can see she’s not a good crier. Not at all. 

And yes, Nicole is being dumb lol but I still like the storyline.

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

They really did rush Stefan getting his memory back.  I thought the Chloe/Stefan/Gabi triangle would last longer.

The story is fine for Nicole, but I wish Nicole had learned something in the past 25 years.  She keeps making the same mistakes and I don't really get how she thinks she going to get away with this. 

• Members

Perhaps to @MichaelGL's point, I don't think enough has been done to develop Stefan's character traits or motives to differentiate him from EJ, Jake, or even Alex. 

Is he a playboy, or is he looking for commitment?

Is he like Vivian and obsessed with revenge coupled with a bit of humor?

How does he feel about having no history with his family?

He needs a buddy (like how they use Eric and Brady) to help flesh out the character rather than relying on the actor's charisma. 

That being said, I enjoy the dynamic between Anna and Nicole. She's like the mother she never had (on-screen).  This team excels at writing friendship scenes (Eric and Brady, Xander and Chloe, and Leo and Gwen) over romance.

Edited by j swift

• Members

Maybe Alex can be his buddy?  I know no one wants to see more Alex, but Stefan and Ben were friends, right?  Or was it him and Jake only?  

Part of the problem with Stefan is that I do get him confused with Jake too.   It's really hard to say what Stefan's characteristics are because he's moved so far away from Tyler Christopher's villian role.  When BB took over they completely changed Stefan's course as a character, but didn't develop the reasons why.  I also struggle with who I should be rooting for in this EJ/Stefan feud.  Who's right?  Who's the "good" guy?  Or are they both just obnoxious idiots?

• Members

So did I. It could have been good, especially if they had weaved Brady into it. And even Li and Kristen to. It could have played out for the whole year.

I hope they don’t make the same mistake with Nicole’s storyline and maybe by some miracle, we’ll get some character growth as a result.

TC’s Stefan was practically a nut

Please register in order to view this content

, falling in love with a personality. They needed to add more nuance to Stefan, especially when BB took over, but they just decided to “kill” him off. But at least they admitted that was a mistake.

As for the feud storyline, it just seems like laziness to some extent. And an obsession with making everything a campy bitchfight.