Days: May 2023 Discussion Thread

• Members

I've been pretty sure Stacey has been wearing a wig for a while now. I assume she might not want to have the long blonde Kristen hair herself, while the show seemingly thinks that's how the character should look.

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

@AbcNbc247

During the chat Miranda said Megan and Dimitri were going to try to get Dimera Enterprise for themselves. I don't see Megan going to anyone's side. Also I was thinking that Dimitri is probably getting involved with Gabi for convenience. Thus leading to Gabi exit when Stefan finds out.

Edited by Soapsuds

• Members

Agree about Eric/Sloan. I did like that they said I love you today. 

As for Wendy/Johnny, they’re dull because there’s like nothing happening for them. Keeping Tripp in Seattle almost like put their storyline in limbo. Maybe Lucas needed some time off or something.

And there definitely needs to be some more characters involved in this storyline. The three of them are practically in a bubble 

Honestly, if we’re gonna be stuck with Dimera Enterprises, I hope she gets it. 

All that, plus all the stuff with Nicole could lead to EJ taking a darker turn.

• Members

I enjoy the Sloan/Eric story, even though it is so islanded that it seems like they are on a different show.  I appreciate the occasional interaction with Paulina, but it seems odd that they aren't interacting with the Dimeras more often.  I find myself missing the Eric and Brady banter from a few weeks ago.  Side note: even I could see what an amazing figure Sloan has got, her body was remarkable today.

It seemed odd that Johnny isn't part of the scenes at the house today.  I enjoy his outsider perspective on his many bizarre relatives.  Wendy telling Johnny that she's interested in Tripp was not organic.  No woman her age would be so indiscreet.   

Sometimes DAYS is like The Sims, where you can't play too many characters on one lot.  So, there isn't a lot of interaction, or even reaction to the events around town.  Leo seems to be the only one who is up-to-date on everyone else's lives.  I guess not having a date for more than a year gives a guy enough time to focus on others.

Edited by j swift

• Members

The Alex propping was in full force today. Justin almost sounded like Ned in the first part of the episode. 

Chad really needs a buddy to talk to about all this stuff with Alex. He has Stephanie to talk to about Dimitri, like he did today. But Chad’s actions would make a lot more sense if he had someone to talk to about his feelings, so we’d have better understanding as to why he feels this way about Alex. Too bad Sonny isn’t around. Him being torn between his brother and his bestie would be fun to see.

As for Sarah, she is needed on the canvas but maybe it’s time for a recast. 

And once again, that’s a Hell No on a Brady/Gwen pairing. Besides, hearing Eric Martsolf say the name Gwen is stirring up some bad Passions memories

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

Today's episode was boring.  I like how in Salem running a restaurant is akin to having all the skills necessary for any job.  First Maggie, now Chloe lol. 

I really can't stand Sarah or this story and I don't actually object to Brady/Gwen.  I don't like Gwen, but I am all for anything that gets Brady out of Kristen's bubble and Gwen out of Xander's.  

Chad is being a bit weird about Alex, but I understand it.  Also, Stephanie, go to your room to have sex.  This isn't your house it's your parents.  Don't have sex on their couch.  That's really rude!

• Members

PRO's of the episode:

I like the Justin/Maggie Step-Aunt relationship, and I hope there's more antagonism between the two.

The mention of Rex and Mimi's kid was a clever and unique method to involve Bonnie in the story.

I liked Brady's insight to Alex about how Victor had enforced control over him in the past by dangling the prospect of more power at his company.  It is always nice to see when a soap character has grown from their past.

CONs

Rex is a doctor, so his aversion to sunscreen is distracting

Is the Johnson's living room set new? I don't recall seeing where they all lived.

Edited by j swift

• Members

Yeah you are right.  I forgot about Li.  There was a little something there.  For some reason I just assumed Li would fade away since the Gabi story is over.   Even though Kristen has been on for so long she doesn't have a lot of solid connections on canvas besides her family.  She's been hyper focused on John and/or Brady, so there isn't even someone from her past to bring back.

• Members

I feel as if Kristen lost a lot of the charm gained through her friendship with Lani.  The actress plays manic better than malevolent, so I wish she was written as more erratic than scheming.  Leave the diabolical plans to Megan, and allow Kristen to be a bit more sympathetic by writing how difficult it is for her to focus and follow through.  Rather than using Rachel's love as a weapon against Brady, show her struggle with being a responsible parent given her mental struggles.  Then, she can find a partner who understands her needs, rather than trying to rescue her.

• Members

Kristen just seems so deranged that I can't take her seriously as a character at this point. She runs around mugging and sneering like she's Heather Webber, and she's in and out of prison three times a year. And she seems like an idiot, which is not how Kristen ever was. Why did she just sit around in jail waiting for Megan's help getting out once she learned that the three women didn't actually die? Kristen Blake -- or someone with an even functional IQ -- would've hired a lawyer to get her out of there the minute she found out that Marlena, Kayla, and Kate hadn't died as a result of her actions.

• Members

I've read this critique in a few different spots, but I disagree.  The fact that Kristen's victims lived doesn't negate her crime, which was withholding the cure in order to extort their family.  While it is true that we never saw her charged with a crime, so we don't really know why she was in jail, the failure of crime does not absolve a person from liability.

For example, if I attempt to rob a person on the street, and they have no money, it doesn't mean that I couldn't be charged for the attempt.

That being said, I agree that her deranged energy is not intriguing enough for me to want to see much more of the character.  Added with the fact that her presence makes EJ's SORASing even more obvious.  I don't think both characters shouldn't exist in Salem at the same time.

Edited by j swift