Days: May 2023 Discussion Thread

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Change of heart I guess for lovebirds Stefan and Gabi. I'll never forget how Stefan proposed to Gabi and how he said that he should've never asked Gabi to stay married to Li for over something silly like Dimera shares. Cue in Stacey who gets out of Statesville. Instant jackpot potential. 

• Members

I enjoyed the magical Dimera family cocktail hour.  It had all my favorite soap elements (1) people assuming inheritance rights despite not being in the will (2) a bar cart filled with chilled champagne and the perfect number of flutes (3) adult illegitimate children suddenly changing their last name and (4) former prisoners and returnees from the dead with complete wardrobes and no luggage.

When EJ complained about Megan being dead for 30 years, I wanted her to remark that every Dimera in the room had been presumed dead at some point, it's a family tradition!

BTW I just clocked Kristen's ankle tattoo, that's a choice...

Edited by j swift

• Members

I like the idea of Rachel being a brat.

However, I think it is a missed opportunity to not only use Rachel as a source of conflict for her father's relationships, but to tell a story about how to socialize a child.  There is a rich history of brats in Salem, from Sami and John's relationship, the rocky start of Marlena and Brady's relationship, and Hope and Julie's relationship.  It would be a unique story in daytime, that is relatable to much of the audience, to only use a child as an object, but give them a story arc.

In anticipation of the responses, I disagree that the creativity, talent, or sexuality of the writing staff negates the possibility of exploring issues related to child-rearing. 

• Members

I definitely wouldn't mind a Paul/Andrew/Dimitri triangle 

Please register in order to view this content

I think it would be pretty interesting to explore Dimitri, a villain and a European aristocrat who's supposed to marry a woman and produce an heir, turning out to be gay. It would be a good family dynamic. 

Edited by AbcNbc247