Days: May 2023 Discussion Thread

• Members

Lol!  I thought Lord Sebastian was related to Dmitri somehow too.  Like a cousin?  But I think I might be confusing the Alamains and Von Leuschers because of Carly or something.  Oh well, it doesn't matter.  Both families fall into the obscure early 90's rich aristocratic families that make no sense.

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

More than half the cast is played out. Gwen is one and rumors are they are pairing her with Dimitri. Talk about a dull pairing. It's been overkill with Gwen. She should've been gone a long time ago.

Edited by Soapsuds

• Members

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: DAYS. Needs. New. Blood. 

It's fantastic to see that veterans like John/Marlena and Patch/Kayla are still front-and-center, but not if that means watching them play out the same, tired adventure tales like it's still 1985. 

DAYS needs NEW characters, NEW families, NEW situations (that aren't bad sci-fi or bad camp) for those characters to get into.  It's time.

Edited by Khan

• Members

Why does this show repeat the previous day cliffhanger?

Xander another character that should've been gone long time ago.

Please register in order to view this content

Shawn again wish I could go back again script. No one cares.

Kristen/Brady 2 billionth showdown gawd move on!

Same repetitive sh!t

• Members

Honestly, Dimera Enterprises is another thing on Days that needs to be killed off. Of course, Megan and Kristen had to become involved in the pissing contest. 

It sucks because not only is this stuff tired, but, as a character, Megan never really got a shot in the 80s and this could have been her chance do something on Days. But it’s the same old, same old.

If Ron loves the Dimeras so much, he should bring in Steven Hawk as someone who’s planning to sabotage the company and put it out of business, as a way of getting justice for Benji or something. 

I did enjoy Eric/Nicole/Sloan though. They really need to play that storyline for all that it’s worth. That should be the A story, along with the Shawn stuff, Paul/Andrew, and the Tripp/Wendy/Johnny triangle. 

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

The episode was dog poop. Just way too many Dimeras. The same stories with everyone shocked Kristen is out. 

Carlivati doesn't know how to write business stories so why even bother? If this was being written by WJB or Douglas Marland then I would be all for it.

Ron is a writer that needs to stay on the picket line for a long time. He's a terrible writer and the less he writes the better it is for everyone.

• Members

It's odd how many DiMera's are currently on the rooster to be honest - to the point it might be time to clear out some of them as I don't think we need as many of them as there currently are.

• Members

I don't think I have ever found someone that liked these Dimera Enterprise stories.  They aren't exciting and I don't care who's in charge at all.

I don't really get the Anna/Tony scenes today either.  I like them and all, but why was so much time on Anna's ridiculous lie of being pregnant?  Anna is a lot of things, but she isn't stupid.  She could have just said Carrie thinks she might be pregnant or something.  

I also don't get why John and Paul exist on such an island together.  It would have made more sense for Paul to come to Salem and share scenes with more than just Drake.  I get CS has limited availability, but he literally only interacts with John and on rare occasions Andrew.

• Members

I don't care for Anna and Tony. They add nothing to the show. But they're not the only ones.

Ron isn't invested in Andrew or Paul as a couple or as individuals. If he did care he would've recast Paul long time ago. Ron is awful at writing same sex relationships. Maybe it's a blessing they aren't on full time.

Edited by Soapsuds

• Members

Have they defined Dmitri's sexuality yet? Peter Porte's gay so I guess Ron could re-heat the old "obsessed DiMera" trope and have him either constantly kidnap either Andrew or Paul 

• Members

Tony/Anna's scenes were just a waste of time today.

I get CS is only available every now and then and you don't have time to invest in Paul, but if he's already on set just have him interact with other people in Salem.  I love John/Paul it just so weird it's always only the two of them together when Paul and John could have been in scenes with Marlena/Brady yesterday and Eric today instead of the Brady/Marlena/Eric stuff dragging on.   It was half an episode talking about a dinner and Brady's lack of date.

I believe the rumor is

• Members

There are so many holes in all the stories whether it's a major one or not. Instead the writers rehash the same thing over and over again.

Kristen goes to jail....she gets out of jail......everyone is shocked....she taunts the same people again and vows she'll be with Brady.  Brady complains and complains and does nothing to solve his situation with Kristen.

It keeps repeating every few weeks.

Edited by Soapsuds