Days: May 2023 Discussion Thread

• Members

There's no way Eric and Paulina are going to be a thing, correct?

There was that moment when Paulina would only respond to Eric and it got me thinking that they were laying the groundwork for something.

Also, is Johnny blind to nonverbal interactions, because Wendy could not be working harder to telegraph her ambivalence?  And, what's keeping Tripp in Seattle?  Does he have job there or is he just helping his brother?

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

@carolineg I wonder if we're supposed to think everything is sequential and the biscuit incident was two days ago, or if we're meant to think that more time has passed between episodes?

On the one hand, Roman, Kate, and Shawn are still in Greece and Tripp is still in Seattle.  Jada is talking to Talia as if her crimes happened just a few days ago.  And Sloan hasn't seen Colin since their initial discussion. 

While on the other hand, Wendy spoke to Li as if she was in Seattle for weeks.  Gabi's divorce is already filled (while Sarah and Xander's took weeks to complete).  And, Nicole is already taking prenatal vitamins when she conceived the day of the biscuit incident.

I know time moves differently in Salem (e.g. Brady aged while in Salem, but Stephanie never aged while living out of town), but it feels longer than two days.

• Members

I think it's only supposed to be a few days.  

Wendy made it seem like her flight was delayed for 2 days from what I gathered.  Li got an expeditated divorce (I think he already had papers prepared in case Gabi reneged on her end of the deal). 

All the Sloan/Colin/Talia stuff seems to have happened in the last few days.   Tripp is in Seattle for a bit because I think Joey broke both legs and can't get around even though he's okay. 

Roman, Kate, and Shawn's timeline is a little more tricky, but I can hand wave that because it's a different country and I don't think it necessarily has to line up with Salem's timeline.  Like, it could be more of a meanwhile in Greece when we see those episodes and a continuation of the same day in Salem even though we are seeing it on different days if that makes sense?  So sequential for the Greece storyline, but not for time in Salem.

Nicole throws it way off.  That's my biggest problem.  She would be about 1 day pregnant at this point and that is just lazy. 

Edited by carolineg

• Members

Sheesh. This has been TWICE since Abe has been knocked with something smashed upside his back skull in one year. Mr. Mayo Lover with fries did it first with a baseball bat and then Colin whacks Abe with a wooden rolling pen.

Note to Self: Use a marble rolling pen instead.

I think the reason why the executions of these storylines implode so miserably is because of the eff'd up 6'x6' set cubicles they're in. I don't know. 

I think I'm done with gun scenes. If you're Victor Cassadine, then let's see it. Otherwise, put your stupid gun away and shut up. Quit all that bitch ass talk and shut up.

• Members

I think I'm done with gun scenes, too, but only because of the times we live in.  There is nothing to be gained from watching one character pull a gun on one or several people when mass shootings are becoming part of our everyday lives.

• Members

Absolutely!  I totally agree, @Vee!

I should clarify: I'm okay with a storyline (such as a school shooting) that shows how using guns leads to serious, real consequences.  I'm NOT okay with people packing heat and shooting at each other just because it'll keep viewers from changing the channel to "Karamo."

• Members

Shawn shooting his father is a missed opportunity to say something about the misuse of guns in law enforcement.  They tried to make it seem like it was cool that Patch somehow got three guns in a foreign country and then gave one to Chad as a civilian.  As opposed to including some dialogue about Shawn pulling the trigger without notice is not proper police practice. 

I know someone will counter-argue that the current writer is incapable, but I've grown weary of that discourse.

Edited by j swift