General Hospital: May 2023 Discussion Thread

• Replies 749
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I feel for her, and especially for the person she could have killed. I hope she faces consequences and learns from this. DUI’s just should not happen anymore in the era of Lyft/Uber (not that it was okay before).

People make mistakes, and this is the worse kind because she almost killed somebody else with her reckless behavior.  Hopefully she can address her substance use, and the other driver survives and is okay.

• Members

I think HP could've done more with better material but yeah, she has absolutely never been the new Kimberly McCullough (or Robyn Richards, who didn't last and also would not qualify). She is a lifer but that is the only comparison. She has been a C-player for almost a decade.

Edited by Vee

• Members

It actually seemed like finally Molly was going to get some material with TJ and possibly with whatever they are doing with Kristina.  I do agree that HP seemed capable but she's definitely C-list.  I don't dislike Molly, but I don't miss her when she's gone either. 

• Members

It's too bad, because I actually think the ADA role was inspired as an evolution for the character and I think if there was ever a chance to invest in Molly as an adult that new position was it. I suppose you still could with the recast but I just don't feel the same impetus with both longtime Davis actresses gone (though I'm perfectly willing to give Kate Mansi a chance). I think they've both languished far too long onscreen, been too present doing nothing, and the only way to make them work now is with a break and a massive reset or with a much emptier canvas. We'll see what happens with Mansi and the new girl, I guess.

I don't see any future in being forever coupled to T.J. (though the latest actor is good) or having yet another baby on canvas, though. I think that's all so tired.

• Members

I agree.

I've been a fan of NLG's since SANTA BARBARA.  I'll always BE a fan of NLG's, too, no matter what.  But she should've tweeted "thoughts and prayers" for everyone involved in the accident and then left it at that.

Edited by Khan

• Members

I agree, lol.

I'm not suggesting that NLG isn't entitled to her opinions.  However, if we have learned anything about social media, it's that anything someone puts out there can and will be misconstrued by the general public.  That's true, not just for celebrities, but for "everyday folks," too.

• Members

NLG is of course entitled to her opinions, and she knows HP very well.  We, obviously, don't and the optics here aren't great.  Tying a DUI to politics in this case is a real stretch and obnoxious.  Even if she said I am supporting Haley during this trying time or something more blunt I would be less annoyed by it. 

Agreed.