YR: actors health

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Just watched Eric's video where he spoke about his health challenges. He comes across so much better than he does as Victor. Maybe a little bit more of Eric's warmth/humor could have been incorporated into Victor over the years to make the character more viable.

Anyway, it was interesting to note how he had to come to the realization that his body was no longer what it had been. He had kept pushing himself in recovery. Really he is over 80 and you'd think anyone, no matter how fit they, are would understand that there are limits. But it seems some men can't get their head around that, not only with health but also in other areas of their life as well.

Eric seemed humbled by that and got tearful at the end of the video. Hope he has a full recovery.

• Members

My mother had done the same recently at close to his age after a sudden, very bad ankle break, after years of never breaking a thing. She's pushed physical therapy too hard and it interfered with her recovery. I know how he feels.

Like all of us, Eric Braeden may be a lot of complicated or contradictory things but first and foremost he shoots from the hip, is candid and loyal to people he cares for and wears his heart (and maybe his ego) on his sleeve. He's a TV legend who's spent a lifetime in a lot of people's homes and I wish him all the best for his recovery and health.

• Members

I feel like he had a better balance of light and dark back in the day. There was of course his stint as the epileptic “Grandpa Snowflake” with his canine friend Zapato, but I feel like they overcompensated for that “lapse” by making him an absolute monster post-LML. And aside from his ugh relationship with Sabrina, he didn’t really have the benefit of a romance to bring out his softer side (à la his romance with Hope). 

• Members

Amen. I believe Eric Braeden is true to himself, and cares about people and fans generally. His Twitter reminds me of that often. He stands up for his political views but respectfully, and fans who may be of a different political side seem to respect him for that, which we all know is incredibly rare in these charged, polarised times.

He embodies Y&R totally, IMO, and I wish him the very best for a fulsome and speedy recovery.

And he's still his feisty self on Twitter: