What Are You Listening To?

WTGH

• Members

Como agua para chocolate (Like Water For Chocolate)

It was such a great movie! It combines comedy, drama, sex, and cooking. It's erotic, but not overly-graphic like most Spanish-language movies. It's also one of the best Spanish-language movies that I have seen, and while it uses a lot of magical realism, it's not confusing or hard to follow.

• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Yeah, the ending was so weird! It kind of ruined the movie because I thought that the beginning was good. There are better movies by Pedro Almodovar. Hable con ella is really good. I had to watch it for my Spanish class last semester. The ending's kind of surprising, but it makes sense.

• Members

I will have to check that one out. Someone also told me (in another group) that Motorcycle Diaries was good too. I think it stars the guy who played in Bad Education.

I think I may have gotten an edited version of Bad Education as someone told there was an explicit sex scene in it but my version did not have it. I got it from Blockbuster. Of course I was also working on my computer at the same time and could have missed the sex scene but I don't think so.

Oh and yes the ending was weird but Testostorone still has the weirdest. I think that was the worse movie in many ways. It was just too ridiculous for me.

I have a very wide range of likes in movies and even have liked some pretty weird or crazy movies (Zoolander for instance) but the ending and other things in Testostorone were too way out there for even me.

• Members

Yeah, Motorcycle Diaries is really good. Gael Garcia Bernal is in it, and it's more of an American-type movie because I think Robert Redford produced it or something. I don't even think there's any sex in it, and the only reason it's rated R is because of the language.

The version that I saw was rated NC-17, and there was supposed to be one graphic sex scene...but I didn't see it. :blink:

• Members

A few friends, my roommate, and I watched Bridget Jones's Diary in our room. It's my favourite movie!! It's so funny and both Hugh Grant and Colin Firth are so sexy!!

We're watching the sequel, Bridget Jones: Edge of Reason in a few minutes. It's not as good as the first one, but it's still very funny!

• Members

I agree about Urban Legend. I like those movies. They scare kids. That's funny.

I saw Wicker Park. I was expecting something along the lines of Swimfan with the hot, crazy, psycho-!@#$%^&*] who falls in love with the guy who's with the All-American girl and then she tries and kill the girl. But I thought Wicker Park was boring and I'm glad I got it free from the library. I only liked the fact that Josh Hartnett and Matthew Lilliard were both unknowingly having sex with the same chick who they both considered thier girlfriend. She was playing like everyone in the movie and that's about all I liked. It took too long to develop suspense and drama so I don't recommend renting it.