Days: February 2023 Discussion Thread

• Members

Does Nick really think these deaths bothered Will? He seemed pretty OK on his way back to his dream job.

So the one who took the orchid is a character we barely know who wasn't on canvas? What an amazing twist. Like when Charlie's killer was the one in the coma, or Lanis kids were taken by off-screen Vivian. It's not as fun to play along if the list of possible suspects is literally anyone who was ever on the show. 

I get that the Heaven twist itself was only seven episodes, not so many, but the stupid flower saga has gone on for months, with no real reason for any of it. Allie left, Stephanie is with Chad, Megan is here. That's kind of it at this point. There were so many, many ways to get to Megan. Heck, don't the dimeras vote on a new CEO every few months? Pop her on then, better than orchids and fake deaths and devils again. 

• Replies 708
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

The kitchen appliance de-brainwashing episode was Jamey too? Jesus.

"Sarah as Renee" felt like fan fiction to me. Most viewers don't remember Renee and the actress isn't around to use anymore. I knew it was a Jamey idea before he even took credit for the story.

At least with Megan they can still use Miranda. She seems to be relishing it too. There's story to milk and she's fresh vs. everything else right now.

I just find it all so dumb from the "deaths" to the pacing to the talking urn to the waste of time that was the afterlife to bodies in pods like some kind of spaceship laboratory.

I don't get it because they've shown they can write good stuff when they want to. I loved the tenderness of EJ/Nicole this week, for example, and a little over a month ago I was raving about how compelling the show was. Then they derailed it all for hell.

They CHOOSE tacky every time.

Edited by KLN

• Members

I have this goofy little theory that there's something wrong with Ron's sense of what is comedic & that he is always always always going to choose whatever he thinks is funny because he believes that strongly that soaps should do funny. Well, I like soaps to do comedy, too, but that doesn't mean cheap tacky off-color lunacy! 

• Members

I assume that Kate was just collateral damage for Megan. I understood why Milo went after her, but Megan doesn’t even know Kate… unless ReRon make up some lame back story. 

And How in the hell John and Steve sit on this info about Megan Hathaway for soooo long. This beyond Salem story should have tied into 2022 fall sweeps. 

Edited by Dr Neil Curtis

• Members

I don’t understand it either. Because I still think Ron has writing talent. What I’ll never understand why he constantly does things that make him look like he doesn’t have any. And don’t even get me started on Jamey lol 

I even started this thread with a question as to whether or not the writing had improved, which l actually thought it did last month. But February just killed any momentum. I would rather the women had just been offscreen after they had “died” and Dee, Mary Beth and Lauren went on for vacation for the month. 

This was all so stupid and unnecessary. 

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

I stopped asking that question about 10 years ago. Ron has talent and I do believe he truly loves soaps, which is more than I can say for a lot of people left in hollowed-out positions in the last couple decades. He also has become very lazy, very driven by his ego in the work IMO and that's to say nothing of the social and sexual politics in his work getting left behind the times. He got addicted to the laurels and praise, to the attention as the 'savior' of soaps in the late 2000s-early 2010s as well as from outside outlets like The Soup (constantly writing it into GH even as they lampooned his work), and embraced the camp stereotype of soaps vs. writing and letting camp happen if it happens organically. That started at OLTL, got worse at GH until he got himself fired, and here we are.

Edited by Vee

• Members

I think it's pretty flimsy that Megan would care about these three women honestly.  She has a little history with John/Steve, but that's all new from Beyond Salem.   IIRC Marlena was actually pretty nice to Megan back in the day.  When Tony, John, and Steve were going through the list of Dimeras (and actually took the time to rule out Johnny 

Please register in order to view this content

) they said Peter had no motive.  Peter has way more of a motive than Megan lol even if it was just a misguided attempt to help Kristen.  Stop teasing me with Peter mentions Ron!  Bring him back. 

I agree with everyone about Heaven being a waste of airtime.  It was just a weird showcase for Blake Berris and a reason to bring Chrishell Stuase back.  Whatever.  I am glad it's over and we can move on to the better part of the story.

• Members

'I'll just stake out the Minority Opinion of being the only one who enjoyed White Space & the Salem Angels. However, not even I think we need any more of it. No, once every 8 days for most of two months, sure, that was well enough absolutely! 

I flipped out over them adding to the already overfull retcon of Tony/Andre with Anna referring to him as Tony's twin. TWIN?! Yikes. 

I enjoyed the listing of the potential DiMera orchid thieves but thought Megan was conspicuous by her absence. I wonder if people know she lives? They didn't name Renee but I guess that was because she does not live. I liked Anna's nod to Marlena's parenting of Carrie. I appreciated Jackee's comedy with the talking urn. All in all, I thought it was a good day & give kudos to RCulliton & to Scott.