Days: February 2023 Discussion Thread

• Members

I imagine that he listens to all of them. Lorraine Broderick retired so she's no longer there. And, Dorell Anthony worked out his contract this month & is now gone but he's still watching the show even though his episodes are gone & he's tweeting. Carolyn Culliton tweets. Scott McKinsey is on FB. 

• Replies 708
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrator

Just a reminder to not post spoilers in a discussion thread.   If they are minor spoilers, put them in spoiler tags - same thing with replies.  

I still haven’t seen Beyond Salem part 2 and I don’t know anything about Megan’s history but I’m looking forward to this story.   I’m just glad the purgatory stuff is over. 

• Members

I don't think Jamey is a good writer.  I don't think he is a good fit for Days at all.  I think it's easy for Ron and whoever else is running the show at Days to get caught up in Jamey's enthusiasm and knowledge of soaps though.  He is clearly very passionate and I do think he is very well versed in the shows history, but I could say that about nearly every poster here.  None of that correlates to being a strong writer.  It's a shame because I actually did have higher hopes for Jamey/Days, but the episodes he writes are generally the worst.

• Members

Idk how anyone behind the scenes doesn’t see how lousy his episodes are. They’re all the same. Everyone’s either drunk or a nasty POS and bringing up people that haven’t been mentioned in years. And everything is treated like a big joke. The constant ripoffs of the Real Housewives aren’t helping either. If his own show was this much of a disaster, it’s no wonder it got cancelled so quickly   

I don’t understand how nobody BTS intervened yet 

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

I get the impression that Corday doesn't function like that. That leaves Al Alarr & I've heard that he is a really great boss so I figure he works on the positive, boosting what's good. But that doesn't leave anybody to attack the negative or the real drag on the team. They need a sh*tkicker! 

• Members

Just watched today Monday Feb 27 and Nicole remembers her history with Eric and they used flashbacks with both Jensen Ackles and Greg Vaughan!

This episode was really great!   It's been so long since I really enjoyed an episode. The Ericole stuff was wonderful.  And other storylines happened too.

If anyone hasn't seen Beyond Salem Two, watch it ASAP because the events from it were discussed today.   Per @Toups 's request, I won't spoil BS2 for those who haven't seen it yet, but you really need to see it.  Things from today in the main show will make more sense. 

Edited by janea4old

• Members

And, BS2 is not at all a chore to watch! It's quite good. I am not personally keen on Steve Burton & he plays Harris Michaels but not even his presence was a deterrent & otherwise you've got Hope, Ciara & Ben, Anna & Tony, John & Marlena, Billie Reed played by Lisa Rinna, etc. and it's been compared to the adventures of the 80s. 

Also I enjoyed today. Loved the flashbacks with Ari with Jensen!! And, of course when they switched to GV that was fine, too. Abe & Paulina, some in Megan's lab, the 3 guys talking to Anna & Tony right after they talked to Orpheus last week. And, the Salem angels waked up.