Days: February 2023 Discussion Thread

• Members

Re: Nicole: my thoughts.

I was glad she explained to Paulina that she married Lucas because she was afraid of her past being exposed *AND* Kate also gave her the millions for doing it. 
Both things were true.

From 1999:  Kate had given Nicole the check but she refused to marry Lucas and didn't cash it.  Then some thugs threatened to expose Nicole for a con game from long ago and blackmailed her, so she cashed the check to pay them off, and then had to marry Lucas because she cashed the check.
https://www.soapcentral.com/days-of-our-lives/recaps/1999/990503.php

I feel that was an example of Nicole being insecure and taking a way out due to fear.

Edited by janea4old

• Replies 708
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Okay, I'm afraid I'm going to have to call a foul on the play for fictitious narrative. I do not believe that either Abe or Paulina has ever said word one about Sloan! And, @AbcNbc247I know that you did not say this, that it just quoted wrong. I'm not so positive if Nicole has said anything. And I know many fans have dragged Sloan but let's be fair to Abe & Paulina! 

• Members

It was a nice episode! Was it the best? Well no, but it was nicer compared to last week. In fact, with all this breakdown writer convo going around, I'm more mindful it of it. 

However, I refuse to be scolded or cyberbullied by other posters over a bunch of fictional nonsense who need to smell the Swiss Miss Hot Cocoa.

Edited by Noel

• Members

No, no, no, no, no. I am not a victim of anything as I will not stand for it. If this poster comes for another poster and then calls them "stoopid" and then has the unmedicated (I know it's not a word, but I'm calling it my own) nerve to come for me, then they need to learn. Because let me tell you something: "Keyboard Courage" (a.k.a Miss Ma'am) doesn't get you very far in life. 

Back to DAYS. I feel such a dramatic shift with the departure of Allie, Will, and Sonny to make more room for Megan, 

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by Noel

• Members

Great! You should not let yourself be taken advantage of! And, unmedicated is definitely a word! And, stoopid is just slang spelling of stupid & I use it sometimes to talk about Frank Valentini hiring someone because he sent him a text message which said put me on your show. I mean, my God, GH has one of the Emmy-winningest Casting Directors ever specifically to find actors to hire! Sorry, that's GH & off-topic. I wonder if someone at DOOL wasn't stupid to lose Lindsay Arnold! 

• Members

I still don't get if it was Tony who killed Maxwell Hathaway or Andre?

I understand why Tony would say today that he didn't know that Megan was Stefano's daughter until after she died.  But Megan had an adversarial relationship with Tony which lead to Maxwell's murder, so, it seems like he would remember that part of the story.  Yet there was no reference to that issue today, maybe it will come up in the next few days? 

Can anyone confirm that Andre first appeared after Megan died?

I'm intrigued to know why she chose Marlena, Kayla, and Kate rather than their husbands.  Unless her plan came after she learned about Orpheus trying to kill them the first time.  Because if it was purely for revenge, it seems curious why she wouldn't have targeted Anna.

Edited by j swift

• Members

Hey, we finally know how many bedrooms are in that apartment

I’m glad Tripp is staying in Salem. He needs to be on the canvas. And the fact that he’s a sweet Italian boy and a good cook makes me like him even more

I’m looking forward to where this storyline is going, especially know that other characters are being brought into it. It could have been a good mess the way that it was but they just had to ruin Allie and send her away. SMH. I hope it still turns out well.

I liked Eric/Nicole and their angst as well. This is the way that it should be written. 

The less said about Brady/Stefan/Rolf, the better. 

Andre appeared first. He was already “dead” before Megan “died”

• Members

Oh, please tell me you think it's 3 like we thought & like I think again! The spoilers said that Wendy made the offer to Tripp, but, he sorta invited himself!! Kinda funny. But, endearing. And, of course, they made it seem like Li & Gabi need to be helped out but really they need them to make rent every month. This is not like FRIENDS where everyone can afford everything, which I prefer. 

And I am so glad they're putting him back to work! The hospital needs employees!!

I am still disgusted that they lost Lindsay Arnold! But, I am not gonna let it get me down. And, 6 months from now when they're trying out a recast Allie y'all can all remind me of my resolve to be optimistic!

Great dialog with Eric & Nicole. Their push/pull just seems to suit them. I'm not sure why Eric is not jealous. Maybe he is. Hmm. 

Well, that was just so silly. Okay, you don't want to talk about it. I understand. Enuff said. I didn't like it either.

Do you think they really meant to change the retcon again & make him a twin instead of a cousin who had plastic surgery to enhance how much he looked like Tony?! I guess at least if they are twins now that Tony is back to being a legitimate son, that's something. 

[Today was Richard Culliton & Scott McKinsey.]

• Members

Sloan's entire reason for coming to town was Paulina and Chanel. Paulina has said a LOT about Sloan (whether one considers it warranted or not). She also paid off the authorities to rule Sloan's mother's death an accident, while Sloan blames Chanel for the death *and* Paulina for the cover-up. Paulina has been wholly unsympathetic to the fact that this woman lost both her parents. 

• Members

I am so glad I found out there are 3 bedrooms in that apartment.  One huge mystery solved.  Now if we can only find out how many rooms are at John/Marlena's. 

Did Chanel just decide to make her move out permanent?  I would think Wendy/Tripp would have asked her first.  I think that would have been fun and soapy to have the quad of Wendy/Tripp/Johnny/Chanel thrown together all the time.  

Eric and Brady are legit the worst criminals in the world.  All their plans are idiotic.  Why couldn't Brady just wait out the Chloe/Stefan situation or fight for her instead of resorting to this plan?