Days: February 2023 Discussion Thread

• Members

I appreciate that the "deaths" of Marlena, Kayla, and Kate has shifted the focus to their kids, but I wish it was Joey, Tripp, Rex, Brady, Stephanie, and Eric leading the revenge against Orpheus versus their octogenarian fathers.  At some point everyone in Salem is going to need to start acting their age.

Also, isn't Paulina rich, because much like my question about Li and Wendy last week, why do the apartments in Salem look so depressing?  Can't Paulina and Abe get a penthouse in the same building as Marlena?  EJ and Stefan need to get out of the fashion business and get into property development because Salem needs some upscale spaces.

• Replies 708
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

What is it all of a sudden with the mention of an office in Allie's apartment? Alex slept naked in the office. So, is that where Wendy usually sleeps? Must not be because Alex was there last night. So, reaching back in time, it was Nicole's apartment & she had a room that she shared with Eric sometimes & Holly had a room & then Allie had a room she presumably shared with Henry. So, there is an extra room that they could call the office! Why, then, does Wendy sleep on the sofa? 

And, sets cost money. Yes, we know. And, the Kiriakis "mansion" is a room, a single room. I think money could be spent on sets everywhere! 

• Members

Allie's apartment has two bedrooms. Allie seems to have the master bedroom (which she shared with Chanel) and there is Henry's bedroom.   The "office" is apparently an alcove or large closet type area off of Allie's bedroom - they didn't say that specifically but Alex and Allie emerged together from Allie's room, so that's how I interpreted it - either the office is an alcove off the master bedroom, or it's a tiny room off the master bedroom.  Whatever the office is, it seems to be accessible only via the master bedroom.  The office has never been mentioned before last week.  It wasn't mentioned when it was Eric and Nicole's apartment.  

I'm just assuming that the office is a part of the master bedroom suite or an alcove of the master bedroom, because that's the only explanation of what we saw.   If Alex had been in an entirely separate room, he would have emerged from that separate room, but he didn't.  He emerged from Allie's room.

Wendy has been sleeping on the couch since she first moved in.  Johnny first asked Allie and Chanel if Wendy could stay there months ago, and the agreement back then was that Wendy would sleep on the couch.  And Wendy was asleep on the couch the other day when Alex and Allie emerged from the master bedroom.

Edited by janea4old

• Members

Your explanation sounds the most plausible, but the layout of that apartment has changed since Nicole/Allie/Henry lived there because I remember Nicole had a bedroom, Allie had a room, and Henry had one.  I distinctly remember when Allie/Tripp were together Tripp and/or Allie would leave her room and go through another door to check on Henry.  Perhaps there are adjoining doors to the office and Henry's old room and that's why Alex/Allie exited together.  Maybe Chanel and Allie did make the third room an office and didn't feel the need to change it for random houseguests like Wendy lol.

Edited by carolineg

• Members

At the end of the day you and I have put more thought into making this make sense than anyone at Days has 

Please register in order to view this content

.  I just know in my own house I have one of those rooms that is an office like area that has it's own entrance but you can also enter it from my room, which is actually just a weird design but I assume it's for a study/office/baby's room.

• Members

Well, I'm just glad that we reached some conclusion because once I cast my mind back to when Nicole lived there I couldn't see any way it didn't have 3 bedrooms! And, speaking of Nicole, I again wish they would write her back into Allie's life. She's just so isolated & the idea that she has no one to turn to but Alex is just so sad. Of course, even though Chanel has her mother, in terms of someone to talk to, she is also isolated. Paulina's not in tune enough with Chanel's life to be a good sounding board. Not her fault. She certainly loves Chanel to the sky & back again. She is just too heterosexual to think in Chanel's landscape. 

Edited by Tonksadora
left out word

• Members

Yeah… Henry would have been way better off if Will and Sonny had adopted him

Allie is horrible. Johnny keeps comparing her to Sami, but honestly, I find her to be worse than Sami ever was. I still think Ron set a trap for us though and it worked like a charm (sort of like what he did with Eve) but I can’t help it lol. But at the same time, I guess that means Lindsay Arnold’s been doing a good job.  

Btw, I love that Allie, a small business owner, can afford a three bedroom apartment, a constant babysitter for her son, and probably his daycare too, but Sarah, a doctor with no kids can’t afford a small place for herself and her husband, even with half her salary 

Speaking of Sarah, she really needs a man that isn’t just gonna pop in every few months. Her and Rex have never really worked, even when he was living in Salem.

• Members

I am actually starting to think the apartment Allie lives in is 4 bedrooms lol.  Even if Henry slept in the 'office' where did Holly sleep?  Not with Nicole or Allie.  Possibly with Henry in the office, but that would suck for Holly.   Anyway, I used to think Nicole owned the apartment and was giving Allie a good deal on rent and there were enough people related to Allie that they possibly could be watching Henry offscreen.  Now most those people are dead, in jail, and/or trying to kill Orpheus.  So I don't know, but a lot of people do go to Sweet Bits so I assume it's thriving even though Allie appears to rarely work there.

As far as Sarah, I have no idea how she can't afford first and last months rent on a studio.  I know she took a pay cut, but she's been working for months.  Perhaps she and Wendy should become roomies lol.

LG and KL have like zero chemistry, but it is also hard when I feel like I know nothing about Rex except he loves Sarah and can't keep it in his pants.  Back when Sarah first arrived I was really interested in seeing Noel appear and having a fun triangle with Rex, but that ship has sailed.  The show is only barely committing to Rex and it seems very weird having him pop in and out.

• Members

They made a point of telling us today that he was staying over with the sitter because her 5 yr old loves him. Just a little weird. Also she called him her Henny-Penny. Hmm. 

I'm thoroughly disgusted with drunk Allie making out with Alex. But knew something of the sort had to be coming. 

One point for Johnny for putting the brakes on Chanel. 

A takeover of THE SPECTATOR! 

• Members

Two orchid questions:

Have they just stopped looking for it?  Nobody seemed to ask Rolf if he had it, or whom he thought stole it.

The women were sneezing all over Salem, is nobody else worried about a viral infection?  Where are the masks?  Why aren't people asking for a vaccination?

Also, why is Kayla the last to be buried?

• Members

I think I remember Allie saying that she took over the lease from Nicole, so I figured she was the one doing all the paying now. Not to mention all the business expenses. I just find it funny that she could do all that and Sarah can’t do any of it. I imagined that half of a doctors salary could at least get her something

If they just invested in Rex and gave him something more to do instead of just popping in to sleep with Sarah or help Kate out, I think we’d know more about him lol.

They should at least bring back Mimi and their child. She still hasn’t even met her stepfather or stepbrothers

Edited by AbcNbc247