Days: February 2023 Discussion Thread

• Members

It was nice seeing Nick today, even though I hate that he’s like a demon now. He wasn’t born a bad, homophobic guy lol and his dialogue sounded like it was written for Leo. 

And I know that they want us to have sympathy for Alex but I just don’t. I think that it has more to do with RSW then the writing though. Even the way he delivered his lines today, it still seemed like he was just trying to manipulate Stephanie into feeling guilty, rather than being genuinely sorry for his actions 

Nicole Walker Robbins Roberts Kiriakis Dimera Dimera Kiriakis Brady Hernandez

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Replies 708
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Good thoughts. Good idea. TCA is super important but it is also ALL about promoting the show to the rooftops if at all possible! 

I know the GH panel had more actors & that they said a whole lot & that Genie used it as a vehicle to say some things about the rape that needed saying years ago. I'm sure peacock was the most important part to Robt & Dee. 

• Webmaster

Depending on how one considers itself #1, sure “Days of our Lives” is tops on Peacock. However, according to Nielsen, “Yellowstone” is officially the most watched show currently on Peacock.

RSW could mean “DAYS” is the most watched original series on Peacock, or the most watched Peacock original series, but technically the streaming service has yet to brand the soap as an “original series.” The Peacock Original label is no where to be found on the show’s official logo and, unless I’m mistaken, the credits have yet to state it as such.

tvseasonspoilers is among several other supposed soap sites that keep popping up in order to allegedly take advantage of US readers who make up the bulk of online advertising dollars. Google gives revenue preference to websites that have large (80% or higher) US and UK based readers, hence the influx of sites covering American soaps that include a lot of misinformation in their articles. This is also happening on YouTube en masse.

• Webmaster

To further add, other than “Yellowstone,” Peacock has only ever highlighted the success of “Bel-Air” and “The Best Man: The Final Chapters” as successful series launches. To date, the streamer has yet to ever comment on the performance of “Days of our Lives” on the service.

Thus far, how the show is doing on the platform has been assumed by fans or commented on by actors. Nothing else, including my stating awhile back that the show was doing well enough to warrant a renewal and likely a two-year one at that.

• Members

Friday and today’s beyond salem/heaven/devil/whatever this SL is called scenes could have been combined. All the back and forth over selling souls and speaking to the manager dialogue was USELESS!!! At this point, I am hoping these ladies are in medically induced comas and having the same dream and their husbands are really out looking for a final permanent solution to help them and Rex is monitoring the ladies. Then it can tie into them coming across Hope and Bo and all the other stuff from the promos over the last couple of months. Because this SL is giving me major MELASWEN vibes except with the devil and a pace that the tortoise can beat. 

Watching Abigail Klein on this show is sooo weird to me because I know her from Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders Making the team and it’s hard to get into her playing Stephanie.

Idk when I grew to dislike Julie but the going on about missing Nick was getting on my last nerve and the great beyond(there’s another name for the SL lol) chewed up the rest of that. 

I need some positive and I mean long term positive stuff from this show. Are these still NBC episodes or are they now on Peacock episodes? I want Days to throw up the middle fingers, bust them pens wide open and get away from the same SLs same characters and bring that some fresh material to this show. 

• Webmaster

I should point out the origin of a lot of these websites is from India.

The episodes currently airing were taped just before, during or slightly after the move to Peacock news came out. The official Peacock episodes are those that were written specifically with Peacock as the show’s official American home. These episodes are not that. They are still episodes written for NBC but airing on Peacock.

• Members

It wouldn't shock me to learn that Days is the most-viewed original series on Peacock in terms of sheer numbers, simply because there are five new episodes a week. Technically, yeah, it'd be getting a lot more eyeballs on it because it releases a lot more episodes than anything else Peacock is producing/releasing by far.