GENERAL HOSPITAL February 2023 Discussion Thread

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I agree. And I think of the biggest reasons Curtis is so upset is because she kept this secret from him even after they reconnected/planned to get married. It's one thing to keep it if he had never came back into her life, a whole other thing to keep it after they planned to share a life together. I think that the paternity reveal scenes were pretty good between Portia/Trina/Curtis/Taggert. I'm looking forward to watching more of the fallout from this reveal. 

Brooke Kerr does look amazing especially in her wedding grown. I also enjoyed the wedding ceremony/reception and how good the sets looked. I also liked that they had a lot of people at the wedding including several extras. It made it look more realistic.

This week has been pretty good. GH does have a tendency to drag things out, including in not the most exciting ways in recent years. But this week was good and really felt like a sweeps. This is the best the show has been since OG Sprina met and started to bond. (In addition to other stuff that was going on at that time). 

Speaking of Sprina, I continue to enjoy them together. Spencer is being very protective of Trina and Trina is continuing to trust him more. I know there has been speculation they could get married. And I could see that happening. I think that various factors may contribute to that happening, one main one Spencer being worried about Trina's safety and wanting to protect her.

I could also see Trina agreeing to it, because she's shaken up about her paternity, wants to distance herself from Portia and the drama in her family. Plus it could help with Spencer's custody case, even more now that people are learning that Esme's father is Ryan Chamberlain and she's on the run with him and Heather.

Edited by xtr

• Members

I cannot wait! GH has just been so good for about a week and a half! So many stories that have dragged along are now finally having rapid movement forward!

I'm still frustrated with The Hook storyline & that was the big cliffhanger for Friday. We know now that Heather was the copycat Hook for two killings - Rory & Britt. So, now the real genuine hook is back for the first time since the Oz killing, I believe, which is a heckuva long time to go between killings! And this most recent attack on Austin cannot be tied to Trina, so hmm, wonder what the motive is there. 

I figure that we saw Emmy Reel for Taby/Trina when she had her confrontation with Portia. 

I figure we might have seen one show reel with Nik, Laura & Spence in the chapel after Britt's memorial. 

I think the gaslighting story of the Asst. Mayor Eileen is delightful. And, I love seeing Anna & Valentin & wish we were seeing Marty & Lucy!

The show is just going bonkers. They did the wedding & then right on to the photo shoot followed immediately by the Sonya Eddy special and then kept on going into the Nurses' Ball which will encompass the actual day of their anniversary. (The first is on a Saturday so the NB will be before & after the weekend.) I think they're smart to be doing the actual anniversary this way. It is very hard to put that much pressure on one day. The only show I know of that has done that well was when GL recreated the radio show which I felt should have won the Emmy that year. 

Edited by Tonksadora

• Members

Curtis did the conception math, as soon as he realized Trina was Portia's daughter and the right age. Portia told him he wasn't the father.

GH timelines are so wonky, I don't know if Curtis' addiction was before, during or after their affair. 

Edited by P.J.

• Members

Taggert was involved with several women during his time on the show, including Dara and Hannah Scott, Roy's daughter and Sonny's FBI sidepiece (and Mrs. Jonathan Jackson). Anything with Portia has to have happened after he left town/was reassigned to a remote location, IIRC how they framed it onscreen.

• Members

Thank you @Vee and @P.J.

As far as I know only the Cassadines and Laura knew.

Can I just say it’s effing wild that the show with the most famous rape survivor had her go on to have a child as a product of rape with a completely different man? Both of whom went on to be her husband (with the Stavros marriage being forced and not at all legally binding of course)!

I will say GH does a good of not invalidating what we saw play out on screen. Nik’s birth fits in the timeline and do does Trina’s if you account for the sliding scale of soap opera time.

Edited by Darn