Days: December 2022 Discussion Thread

• Members

Did you ever notice that Stephanie takes so long to write her press releases (because she's flirting and typing at the same time), that the news usually changes since she started the project?

e.g. Chanel's arrest and Sonny's stabbing

Edited by j swift

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Susan Was supposed to be the comic relief, but the writers are so one note they try that with her being a fool who talks too much, and doesn't know anything, the fact is Susan has brains, she showed it sometimes through the years (stealing Kristen's Identity, Paying her back by selling her to The Harem, Resurrecting Will and Brainwashing him into EJ) as For Kristen she was meant to be a Criminal Mastermind with Layers, With Sincere Feelings for some people, a Complex Character, the writers just don't explore those things well enough otherwise it's probable Stacy Would've been nominated for the Emmy at least 3 times, And probably won once, she's not Eileen but she's very good

• Members

Susan made it for Marlena for her wedding day to John in 2018.  She even copied the 1999 dress from their wedding, so it's supposed to be a one-of-a-kind gift.  Susan gave it to her on screen back then and Marlena just kept it in a box all these years.  So it's odd in that it's a handcrafted doll Susan decided to make as a wedding gift, but it's not a mass market doll others can buy in Salem USA.

• Members

Lol!  I actually have one in the box that my mom bought for me in 1999/2000.    Good to know there is a market still, but I want to say they were really expensive when they came out.  Maybe even more than that lol.  There is an Erica Kane one too and I think I have that somewhere as well.

• Members

You know, there are two other gay characters out there, both of whom are absolutely perfect and absolutely gorgeous, for Sonny to cheat with, just sayin. This [!@#$%^&*] will never be believable, no matter what.

And, as much as I love Zach Tinker in the role, I have to ask, why is he always crying? 

Please register in order to view this content

I kind of liked drunk Eric, and that jab to EJ's face was amazing  It was a side of Eric that we've never really seen before, and I hope the show delves more into it. 

Pretty much just on the Youtube channel and the Twitter page. I've seen some ads on Peacock, but they were about everything that Peacock offers, not just Days.

• Members

This is common with Ron and it's also what he's tried to do with Leo, Gwen, etc. and characters on his other shows (hence the attempts at cockeyed redemption arcs for Leo and Gwen which deliberately try to drag down more conventional protagonists to compare unfavorably with them). It's why they're trying to pair Leo with Sonny too. 'The love of a good man.'

It's not like that kind of story in soaps with reformed antagonists or schemers is not as old as the hills, BTW. That in and of itself is not a bad trope. But it's how Ron does it - and how far he takes them both before the 'redemption' and after, while vacillating and wanting the character both ways - that always wrecks the execution. And frankly Kristen cannot and should not be redeemed IMO.

Edited by Vee