AMC

Tad Martin

Noah Keefer (circa 1994-95)

Leo du Pres

Ryan Lavery

Y&R 

Ryan McNeil

Nick Newman

Billy Abbott (Billy Miller’s version, David Tom’s first run, and JT’s version, even though the latter is miscast: he’s been a show pet for years)

Kevin Fisher

Adam Newman 

B&B

Liam Spencer (!!!!!)

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Victor Newman an "it" guy in what universe?

This is an "It" guy definition and he definitely doesn't fit

A man who exhibits characteristics of a traditional male role model. He is likely knowledgeable in a wide variety of practical skills. He tends to be modest and friendly, helping others freely, but exudes confidence. Others may look up to him and seek him out for help or advice.

• Members

When I say it guy, I mean a male charachter that writers focused heavily on. A charachter that dominated his show or got major material on his show.  

For example, on the "It Girl" thread, they listed Sarah Joy Brown because a lot of major storylines focused on her Carly during her run. 

Renaming the thread due to confusion around the definition of "it guy".

Edited by ironlion

• Planet Soap changed the title to Male Charachters that Carried their Shows or Revieved Heavy Focus
  • Members

Bo Brady always sticks out to me on DAYS, he was given so many relationships and traits right away.  His military background, he is the one that took Steve’s eye.  His tense relationship with Roman, while having a very fond relationship with Marlena.  His tense relationship with Doug while he and Hope were falling in love.  He’s Victor’s son by affair, he had popular pairings with Hope, Carly, and Billie.  He was classically rebellious but also a really good guy. You could almost connect everyone on the show with lasting ties to Bo at one point for about a decade. I think he was ultimately the most important Brady family member as far as impact on the whole canvas.

on GH while Jason was always a lead after the accident, it wasn’t until Guza started centering things more around him in the mid and late 2000’s that he truly became the main guy.  And then Dante arrived and he was basically on every day until Guza was fired.

This is interesting  because I could list tons of women on soaps that were the it girl or main focal point in very lasting ways.   But with dudes it’s not as easy.

• Members

i guess you could add Paul on Y&R to that list. He went from recurring to having an entire family built around him and even as they were dropped he remained front and center.

Connected to Nikki and Victor, marriage to Lauren and Christine and Isabella, big romance with Cassandra, connections to most of the cast through work/friendships.

He was always given story up to making Dylan his son.

SSM and then Mal Young changed that and Josh followed through.

Edited by Paul Raven

• Members

ATWT--

Craig ---Scott Bryce's version in the 80's got the rare, full on emotional transformation from bastard to repentant transformed hero.  I can' even argue with HB's bastardized version, even if I loathed him.

I'd also add Steve Andropoulous in the early 80's, Holden in the late 80's and Jack Snyder. Certainly Bob Hughes  and John Dixon in the 70s.

GL

Philip Spaulding.  His was the only character who seemed to get as much focus as Reva in the mid/late 80's.

Roger

Ed (Mart Hulswit's version in the 70's)

they certainly tried with that awful Richard Winslow/Jeffery O'Neill guy.

Jonathan (Tom Pelphrey double ick)

Gus Aitoro (ick...)

• Members

Another World

Cass Winthrop- 80s

Jake McKinnon -90s

General Hosptal

Luke Spencer- late 70s/early 80s

Frisco Jones- mid 80s

Robert Scorpio- late 80s

ATWT

Craig Montgomery -80s

Holden Snyder -90s

Jack Snyder -2000s

GL

Phillip Spaulding -80s

Roger Thorpe -90s

Danny Santos (personally not a fan) -late 90s-mid 2000s

Jonathan Randall -mid 2000s

Shayne Lewis -2009

Edited by Spoon

• Members

Nick Davis was AMC's it guy in the 70s for sure. Now that I think about it, his departure from the regular cast in 1978 left the show with a major void to be filled. There were other male leads (Tom, Mark, Jeff), but I don't think any of them really matched the vibe and magnetism of Nick. It makes it easy to understand how/why Peter Bergman and Michael E. Knight were able to join the cast and become centerpieces rather quickly.

• Members

In hindsight, does Jeff Webber qualify from GH?  When he left the show he was involved with 3 women- Heather, Diana (rip) and Anne.  He was previously married to Monica, had a baby switch storyline, his wife went crazy, Diana was murdered and he was revealed to be Steve Hardy’s son.  Not to mentionAnne was finally willing to lose her virginity to him (but didn’t).  He almost went through as much as a comparable soap heroine.

Edited by titan1978