Best/Worst Written Soap Affairs

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Mac and Alexis were so clunky.  The actors had very little chemistry and they'd flirt a little and kiss and it would get dropped for months and start again in the same spot.  It never progressed at all, but went on for such a long time.  I remember a Thanksgiving? Christmas?  where the Davis girls and Maxie tried to play matchmaker and it was like a year into the story.  I was thinking 'they are still going with this?'  It was so awkward all around.  

I mean, don't even get me started with Robert and the Talbots Suit Lawyer.

• Members

This wasn't an affair, but if we're talking about forced default pairings (which maybe would be better off in its own thread) then Holly dating Buzz and Billy (two men she never would have gone near romantically - especially Billy) on GL has to be on the list.

Edited by DRW50

• Members

That was when I knew Guza and co. had completely discarded her. It is a miracle in and of itself that Nancy got out of that zone later on in the Julian years, for better or worse. Of course now she's back there with Gregory, the living Gettysburg bust.

• Members

That was all to give them something to do, and of course, they were thrown together because they were in the same "age category."  Though supposedly Claire Labine "loved" them but TPTB weren't into it...(I think they had Holly tasting Buzz vs. Billy's chilli in a contest..yes, its as that boring.) 

A nice long Billy/Vanessa/Matt triangle would have been great...they were all on at the same time, I never understood why they didn't.  Billy understanding and appreciating that Van was a savy business woman and Matt wanting her to return to her boring sighing self (I actually thought Matt and Beth could have worked if they didn't have Van worrying about her age and looks, which was just not Van.)

• Members

I think Labine was intrigued by the idea of Mo Garrett with Justin Deas, which in fairness so was I - on paper. In practice, it doesn't seem like anything onscreen actually worked or was organic. And the Children's Hour-esque story they didn't do with her and Olivia during that creative regime just seems like a sketchy idea.