Y&R October 2022 Discussion Thread

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Phyllis sounded so pathetic when she admitted out loud she left her career JUST to spy on Diane. These women are so obsessed with her like she’s done anything worse than any of them. It’s like Nikki forgets her drunk ass did knock Diane over the head with a big ass rock. The whole reason she was able to fake her death.

• Members

Slightly OT,but why are these folks always tagging the daytime soaps?

Please register in order to view this content

One look and you will see why I put this in the Y&R thread.

https://www.cnet.com/tech/home-entertainment/this-strange-tv-feature-makes-everything-look-like-a-soap-opera/?ftag=CAD767ae48

• Members

I had joked about Connor and Johnny being demon seed kids in another thread lol but actually the scenes of them were actually cute, although the dialogue that was written for two preteen boys was horrible lol.

The viewer discretion warning at the beginning  yet no PSA ending was strange. Chelsea’s unraveling has been a long time coming though, and probably more of a nice reason Chelsea to take a loonnnggggg around the world vacation with her mother after this story is over. 

For a Friday episode though it was seriously boring overall….I mean half the episode was devoted to Devon and Abby commiserating together….Maybe this show the show needs to also ad a warning about the show inducing narcolepsy as well?

Edited by soapfan770

• Members

Someone tried lighting into me on YouTube because I said that the depression story would be so much more impactful and resounding with a character people care about, or even like. Chelsea is not that! The acting is good, but Chelsea isn't exactly going to leave sinkhole in the canvas. She's been isolated for a while. Her mother  hasn't even been involved! At this point, just lock her up after a breakdown and forget her.

• Members

Agreed. Very irresponsible.  If they want to show that drama, then post the hotline info, too, it's not that hard.

Well they tweeted this.  988 is the new suicide line in the USA since July 2022.

They put the same message on the official Y&R facebook here:
https://www.facebook.com/TheYoungandtheRestless/posts/10166530497405315

I have seen nothing yet on Y&R instagram.

And the Y&R youtube shows only the clip of Chelsea about to jump.

Unless you checked the Y&R twitter or facebook that day, you'd miss it.  They should've put a PSA within the episode.

Edited by janea4old