Y&R October 2022 Discussion Thread

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

How about not suggesting anything to Josh?

Please register in order to view this content

I completely about her breast cancer story…we should be thankful that the Pandemic break essentially killed it. 

I do think Sharon could have at least befriended Diane to give her something more to do as a talk to Diane and actually be the one person in town friendly to Diane. After all Sharon herself was pretending to be dead around the same time Diane had passed, had her own turbulent past with Jack and Phyllis, and both of them are arsonists. Otherwise Sharon is pretty much a modern day Aunt Liz from Another World at Crimson Lights. 

• Members

10-14

I admit to feeling disappointed, but I think I see it a little bit different than the rest of you all.

I really cannot believe that Nate confessed already. Nate vs Devon has really been the storyline. And it had the potential to be a real umbrella story with everyone that it dragged in. The reason he did...his love for Elena...seems plausible BUT the execution was just flat after the buildup. It really could and should (and spoilers seem to hint it is not over) until at least November Sweeps. Unless now the storyline is going to turn into a Tucker story...

As for Tucker...Yeah, I can see it with him and Ashley. But I'll take Eileen Davidson anyway I can get her.

Was not expecting Adam to trick Sally into a date. When it comes to revenge, I would have expected anything, but that. Nice that his talk with Tucker made him take a softer approach.

• Members

Nate vs Devon is my favorite story on the show. The Winters/Barbers/Hastings haven’t had a story this juicy in a long time. Lily saying to Billy I thought we were different from the Abbott’s and Newman’s filled me with joy because they are finally giving this younger generation of the Winters/Barbers/Hastings the type of writing the Newman and Abbott kids constantly get.

• Members

Although you're right about Devon's hypocrisy, overall I thought the writing/logic for Devon was much stronger than it was for Nate.

Nate's "No one listened to me" is a really lame comment from someone in a business like C-W, and expecting to make autonomous moves is ridiculous on its face. Likewise, Nate lost me when he made a case that Devon's relationship with Neil was the problem -- I honestly could not follow that logic at all.

Devon not only had the obvious arguments on his side, but the writers gave him good dialogue. I don't think they fared nearly as well with Nate with one exception: when Nate talked about how Devon stole his life and career as a surgeon when he messed up his hand.

• Members

It really has been a minute since they had a juicy story.

And it all started with Nate and Elena sleeping together and Nate losing his hands...so to speak. And regardless of what Nate or even Devon have said...the subtext just seems to be there in the face. All we need is a Olivia visit but alas...

• Members

10-18

Hmmm...is that some chemistry I just saw between Victoria and Nate?

I'm always done for some feuding so Sally vs Summer could be something if her and Nick become serious. And thank you, Cameraman for 10-17.

• Members

10-21

It's funny it's been mentioned in the threads that CBS has been having promos/episodes being posted wrong. My tv system has been all over the place with what is airing and deleting episodes at chucks even when the episode just aired a day ago rather than its usual up for a week time. So in the interest of specific scenes I wanted to see, I'm caught up to this week. lol. 

LOVED the Nate vs Devon fight in the apartment. I loved that they had it all out. And it felt like it was ALL out...besides letting Devon know that VICTORIA was behind the takeover...and I've been saying that it goes all the way back to Nate, Elena, and Devon hurting his hand. Just...hmmmm. Yeah, they both had points, but what IT REALLY WAS ABOUT WAS THE FACT ELENA LEFT YOU FOR HIM AND YOU KILLED HIS CAREER. If anything they could have gone deeper with the resentment on both ends. 

THANK YOU, CAMERAMAN.

But lord...Adam and Nick on the roof was just par the course. I do admit though I am curious at how messy this will get. Especially now that Victoria is throwing Nate into all the work drama. She's single, too, so...

So about that next turn in Diane's story...so basically it was Tucker that got us her return because he set her and Keemo/Allie on a collision course with each other which would lead back to her return and a chance to get Tucker closer to Ashley? Did I get that right? I liked seeing JH...though I cannot remember if it was mentioned that when the Feds started to close in if he was arrested. Perhaps he will pop up again as well. I have liked that slowly but surely the Abbots are learning about what they think Diane is up to.

Yeah, I'm not sure how I feel about the takeover story now that the best part of it (Nate vs Devon) might not be a part of it going forward. It sounds like Victoria is still going to go after it. And Tucker is waiting in the wings...though he claimed to Devon he wouldn't.

Speaking of Tucker...I like that Allie is trying to be the bigger person, but she clearly is going to have to give Audra a good Ashley Abbott-style slap. 

Hmmmmm...Jill. She was great on the computer screen, but she is overdue to fire back in town. 

And just to add to the set conversation on the other page...in terms of Crimson Light...I wouldn't mind it being used like how Jabot kids and teenagers use to use it for a hangout. But of course we would need kids or teenagers running around, but alas...

• Members

It’s amazing how much more interested I am in Tucker now that an actor I actually have enjoyed for many years is in the role, age appropriate or not. I’ve never been emotionally attached to Stephen Nichols on DAYs and his Tucker was so unmemorable that I blanked out everything about his run outside of being Devon’s dad and Katherine’s son.

TSJ plays seething anger so well and can switch it on and off so well. The scenes with Diane at Crimson Lights with Diane were captivating today.

Edited by Antoyne