Y&R October 2022 Discussion Thread

• Members

We all know the sets problem at YR, but is there any set that's more ridiculously used than the Chancellor Park set???

People walk through "the park" every day and choose only those benches to sit on? They run into others -- sometimes exercising, sometimes for no reason -- at the same spot?

Toddlers are brought to that bench to play in the grass? Couples have picnics on that same grass in front of the benches? Soccer matches and baseball games take place just a few yards away?  It's just awful.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I like when they have someone "run" through the park. The set is so small that they can't build up speed, then stop after two steps. B&B and even GH film outside so it can't be that expensive. Why bother with this embarassing set?

Why not use, for example, the studio's roof for the scene with Billy and Chelsea on the roof, like other shows do? (Stupid scene btw).

Edited by BoldRestless

• Administrator

So after weeks of plotting, Nate decides to confess?  WTF.  Why does Griffith refuse to write any conflict in the show?  This is the second time he's done this with someone plotting a scheme (Billy setting up Adam) but doesn't follow through and confesses. 

• Members

Crimson Lights is my #2 choice for "ridiculously used set," Paul.

No coffee shop at Newman? At Jabot? Why would these execs always head to CL for their cup of joe? And why stop there after work before they head home?

Do none of these people have coffee pots at home? Who would stop there before going to work?We've seen instances when some characters go to Crimson Lights MULTIPLE times per day.

I actually don't mind the set at all, but I hate the way it's used. It's lazy writing. As you said, it takes you right out of the story.

• Members

Fair enough, but I think the whole whimsical theme is way past its use by date.

IRL unless a business has somehow captured a particular market, they would have to update after more than 20 years.

The basic floorplan is fine, although I puzzle about the door from the back area-people seem to come and go . i guess if you order and pay at the counter its Ok. Otherwise they need some new furniture and decor. Maybe if CL served some light meals there would be more of a reason for it to be so heavily used.

This is CBS #1 daytime drama, surely they could pump some extra $$ into the production.

I'm not sure how the budgets work but dumping Chelsea would free up some cash?

• Members

This!!! Nate’s turn to the dark side has been interesting and this story could have generated some much needed tension and drama yet it ends abruptly in midstream. Obviously Griffith is afraid to write outside the box or drama. Perhaps he has PTSD from the backlash over what happened to Chase on Days?

• Members

I was going to post something similar. I'm a casual (very casual) viewer, but I have to say the storyline of Nate being a spy for Victoria was something I was getting interested in. I was getting excited to see the build up, downfall, and consequences. It could have involved a big part of the canvas. Then.....he just confesses quickly and poof...it's all over. 

This is the kind of writing that turns off what viewers are left. 

• Members

I think this is just typical Josh Griffith writing -- creating an interesting story and then ENDING it just when it looks even more promising.

If he wanted Devon and Co. to find out what was going on, there were many other ways to do that -- while still keeping Nate as a new Dark Side character. Does he not know how to redeem a character like that? Is that the reason to abandon the story?

Because from what I can see, he's already writing the other characters as wanting nothing to do with Nate, even though they fail to acknowledge that it's better late than never to get that info from him.

This is why I cannot trust ANY story on YR, frankly. Trevor St. John is great as nuTucker, and there's so much potential there. But do I trust where the story is headed? I don't. And back to the Nate story. Where is Imani in all this??? We had potential there, too. Then, THUD.

Danny is returning to the canvas for at least a few shows. Why should we trust that his appearance will make any difference?

Until Josh Griffith is fired, this is the reality of YR: unfulfilled potential. No wonder I spend so much time looking at sets and rolling my eyes.

• Members

I was one of the only few people that seem to have cared for Nate’s story on FB, Twitter etc. and THIS is all that came out from it???

wow… I never thought a soap opera were able to still hurt my soap-feelings/heart in 2022 but Y&R managed it. Thanks for nothing.

Please register in order to view this content

Thanks for letting me get invested just to drop it. But hey why don’t u put more annoying Chelsea on screen or Chloe/Adam bickering that is outplayed since 2016.

I’m so mad at YR right now 

• Members

What to do with Sharon? She was only on 4 eps last month.

The dead end marriage to Rey has left her romantic options at a standstill.

Never bought her being a therapist, especially when she only 'counsels' friends and family from CL or their homes.

The breast cancer story was awful.

Perhaps a search for her father could lead to her discover a half sibling? 

Reviving Doris?

Any suggestions for Josh?