Y&R October 2022 Discussion Thread

• Toups pinned this topic
  • Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

LOL no discussion yet? How the mighty has fallen….

I actually like what I’ve been seeing with Nick and Sally. There’s a nice easy chemistry. I doubt they’re long term but should be interesting to see Summer and Phyllis’ reactions. LOL.

Too soon to decide on Tucker 2.0 although I think TSJ played the smugness well.

Noah’s club set continues to look dumb. And why are the main characters in formal attire while the extras are not? 

Why is nuttier than a fruitcake Chelsea still this show? The scenes of her screaming (especially that one with Billy) are dumb and corny AF.

• Members

A bit overplaying but there definitely was some bad blood. Tucker was originally supposed to be a Victor replacement character hence his initial story was deceiving Katherine and a hostile takeover. The character got messy, but overall was pretty much a POS with underhanded tactics ie hostile takeovers of Jabot and Newman, manipulated Sharon into going crazy again, numerous affairs, etc. I do recall Tucker got JT full custody of Reed as JT was working for him, which ended up being a bad thing down the road. 

• Members

Bill Spencer & Tucker McCall were both described as "Richard-Branson-types", but I think the problem is that Branson is not iconic enough to be a recognizable type.  I mean they both dress casually, they had those zen sand trays in their office, and both characters were involved in media companies, but there aren't a lot of defining character traits that one could pin to the CEO of Virgin Media.

If they were Bill-Gates-types or Steve-Jobs-types, then we could expect certain traits  based on those personalities (or lack there of).  But, Branson is not enough to base a character upon.  So, in the end, Tucker was ill-defined and his motives were ever changing.  Hopefully now that he's back (and wearing a tie) we'll get more insight into the character.  Many will scoff, but hope springs eternal.

Edited by j swift