Y&R October 2022 Discussion Thread

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I have not watched in ages. Maybe just a minute or two but I couldn’t name a story on this show - maybe back to when Dina left, saw some when Robert Newman was on but didn’t tune in regularly. I saw today’s show and have to say - impressive performances by Chelsea (MCE) and Billy (Jason).  I’ve never cared for him as Billy and Chelsea has given me more pains than I can remember. But the scene today on the ledge were well done, well written and acted. I will likely tune in again now. It’s one thing about Y&R that has always been problematic for me - I never cared about the characters really. Suddenly I care about Chelsea again, and maybe even Billy. 

• Members

same PSA video on IG:
https://www.instagram.com/p/CkYeJKLM7bQ/

988 is the US crisis/suicide hotline in the US, effective July 2022.

The save.org website has a link for international resources.
It has links for support if you are in crisis or if someone you know is in crisis, and for support if you are a survivor of someone who passed on. 

Edited by janea4old

• Members

I read the story over on Soap Central, I do wish her the best and it sounds like she was in good spirits from the article I hope she beats it!

Oh definitely both Thompson and MCE rose to the occasion. Most of the cast I know can act well and have great moments, but the years of incompetence in the writing department, miscasts, and overall lack of any drama definitely has had a lot of the cast not even trying to save the mediocre material they’re given. 

• Members

I will try and look it up, but I’m glad to hear these Chelsea scenes are playing better than the ones where she broke down with Victor after she was outed as the one who poisoned Rey. Those were a mess. MCE is extremely talented in spite of her disaster of a character.

• Members

https://www.instagram.com/p/CkYZJDMrQGt/

missyclaireegan Verified
This storyline has been, and continues to be, one of the most humbling and important experiences of my life. I’m grateful and honored to be able to tell this story, hopefully in a respectful and responsible way. Mental health is so important and depression is something that affects so many, and does not discriminate. Please know you are loved and not alone. If you or anyone you know is in emotional distress or experiencing any thoughts of suicide please call 988 or text SAVE to 741741 to talk to a counselor for free. Or visit save.org.

Please register in order to view this content

• Toups unpinned this topic