Article: “The Dirty Dozen; Y&R’s Most Regrettable Recasting Decisions“

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Adam's grey streak was natural.

The cheating story was hard to swallow as Nathan just re-appeared and it was revealed he was cheating on Olivia.

It was lazy storytelling. Would have been more compelling if we saw what made Nathan cheat with Keesha.

Bill Bell failed on that one.

• Members

“With NBC Universal’s recent decision to move Days of our Lives from NBC to Peacock in the U.S., we had to re-evaluate where the series aired on our networks and felt W Network, as the destination that embraces unique, exceptional and meaningful storytelling, was the right home for this beloved series,” said Daniel Eves, Senior President of Broadcast Networks at Corus Entertainment. “This move presents us with a unique opportunity to deliver the series to a new audience as we head into a new season full of shocking twists, romantic relationships, and endless drama.”

W Network has been the Canadian home of Days of our Lives’ recent spin-off series Beyond Salem and A Very Salem Christmas. The second season of Beyond Salem is slated to premiere as a marathon this Sunday, September 4 at 8 p.m. ET/PT. W Network is also the Canadian home to a selection of other Peacock exclusives, including Vampire Academy and Pitch Perfect: Bumper in Berlin, as well as dramas The Good Fight and Outlander, and Hallmark movies.

W Network can also be streamed via STACKTV and is available on Amazon Prime Video Channels, FuboTV, Rogers Ignite, and Ignite SmartStream.

• Members

Which is a shame because they had different personalities and places on the canvas.  I think had Nathan #1 not left, Bill Bell wouldn't have lost interest.

Why is Maura West not on this list?  She was a bad fit for the show no matter what character she played.

And Michelle Stafford would get an award for biggest letdown since she hasn't gotten a hold of the character since returning this past time.  Gina T.and Sandra Nelson had a more intense and scary vibe when they played Phyllis 

• Members

Yeah it is a shame, and I agree. Had Purdee stayed he might have kept Nathan around and done better. Bell is on record as preferring to keep original actors. With only some minor exceptions (those that were maybe only in the role a few weeks or less) I feel the same was true with Leslie Brooks. She became nothing more than a reactionary character for Lorie, rather than a more fully fleshed out character. I even feel Deborah Adair's Jill was sidelined until Jill married John, but the character really became a centre piece again more so once Brenda came back. 

I liked Michelle in her first run, sometimes a bit over the top though. My memory is of multiple episodes of her standing in her apartment spouting exposition all the time. Sandra was far better though, but the show just wasn't as strong. I wish Sandra had stayed to be honest. I did like Michelle though and I didn't mind Phyllis and Jack. Though I was barely watching by that point. 

• Members

True recently Phyllis seemed weaker, and Lost some of her Spark, I would seriously consider giving Stafford a Vacation, Also would Love if Sandra Nelson ever returned, even If as a new character, In my personal Y&R story Bible I wrote a character for Her Called Cassandra Stavros, A seemingly Innocent Greek Millionairess Who's married to a Sleaze but is In Truth A Master Manipulator who plays him around her little finger

I too love Sandra as Phyllis and as I Said Wish she either never left or came back once Stafford Left but as The Uploader said she was too sophisticated, makes sense it's a valid point, Many later Storylines with Phyllis wouldn't become her

• Members

I think Maura could have worked as her own character and not Diane. I could see why the producers would want to cast as Diane given the troublesome role she played is Carly. The work she's doing now as Ava would further lead you to think that she'd be effective for a villainess like Diane Jenkins. Ultimately it didn't work. I could however definitely see someone malicious but vulnerable like Ava Jerome taking on Victor and Nikki etc.. 

She would've been an effective recast of a resurected Faith Roscoe on GH.

• 1 month later...