Article: “The Dirty Dozen; Y&R’s Most Regrettable Recasting Decisions“

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I know, right?  "fame10" and "article" shouldn't be used in the same sentence.
It's fame10 clickbait LOL.  
The only thing interesting about Fame10 is their soap photos.
80%-90% of their photos are old (even inside their spoiler articles)... but occasionally they do have a new photo that's a spoiler.

Edited by janea4old

• Members

I don't think Burgess was the right fit for Billy, but he wasn't a bad actor. He had brought more of a 'Oh Shucks vibe" though which wasn't Billy Abbott. But I do think he had more chemistry with Gina Tognoni's Phyllis than Jason Thompson's Billy which is unpopular itself. 

• Members

Robin Eisenman would make more sense than Melinda Fee. She at least was there for a few months, Melinda was there probably a couple of episodes at most. Though I didn't mind Robin. But yeah as you say both were temps

I would also add the other Victoria recast from 1997. Sarah Aldrich??? I can't remember her name, though she was barely there it was an official recast and she was terrible. Thankfully Heather came back

• Members

Hard to argue with this list.  A big asterix next to Amelia Heinle as Victoria. that's Aiken to re-casting Emma Sams versus Pamela Sue Martin to play Fallon Carrington. Attitude and boldness to demure and quiet strength.

I don't mind David Tom given that he was the second best Billy (based on his early 2000s tenure) after Billy Miller.  He probably needed more time to warm up to the role.

I would have to agree. I like Gina Tognoni but she was not Phyllis for me. She just came off so hard (for lack of a better term) in the role. I didn't see much of her tenure on Guiding Light but even then she had big shoes to fill after Wendy Moniz's Dinah.

Firstly Sandra Nelson and secondly Michelle Stafford were better as Phyllis.

Edited by ironlion

• Members

LOLOLOL My this List is pretty questionable on so many levels, Shari i can accept, i have nothing against her but I Know most fans hate her in the part, and If anything she lacked the Allure of The Other Ashleys, In all she was pretty miscast

Heidi Mark Doesn't Count, The Character of Sharon didn't have an Identity yet, and of what was to be done then IMHO she did very well

I can't give an opinion on Seymour or Buchanan as I don't Believe I've seen them in Action

Robert Newman? Oh Please he hardly had time to get accostumed in the role before getting axed not to mention he came right in the middle of The Character's storyline Climax, he seemed to be getting the right vibes by the time his time was to end, Pity he didn't stay, He would've done a nice Partner To My Fair Vixen Diane, I'm Getting tired of her being alone against Half the Town

@soapfan770I agree with You wholeheartedly, Melinda Was A Temporary and was there for no more than a week and If Anything IMO She did nicely, she really had Brenda's Mannerisms

On Amelia and Melissa I'd rather blame the Writers especially on Melissa They Cast Her and suddenly Abby was a whole new person, I Like a Theory I read somewhere for Amelia, She Lacked Bill Bell's Guidance while Heather Tom had It For Most of her Tenure, In A Way that's why Sarah Aldrich seemed more familiar with the role during her short stint than Amelia when she came in 2005, Not To Mention Amelia Seems so Much Nicer than Her Victoria

I Rest My Case! Gina Tognoni was an Excellent Phyllis!!!! She Won an Emmy! How's she the worst recast?

• Members

That's So Nice To Read considering i just can't help but wonder how Sandra would've done so many of Phyllis Scenes, especially from 2012 to 2020, I don't know But I Think The cold Calculation she Gave The Character Would've Been Superb to watch again

• Members

Although I agree that Shari was miscast, she wasn't an awful actress. She just didn't fit the part. To give her some leway, Bell's writing, especially for the Abbott's was off during this time, I felt he had somehow lost his way with characters and plot. So Shari + not the best writing = a bad time

I haven't re-checked but is Adam Lazarre White on this list? He was not a great Nathan recast. They hire a younger actor, then put a grey streak in his hair to make him more distinguished and give him a mid-life crises cheating storyline, which was so out of character. 1996 and 1997 most characters seemed off and I think most new characters or recasts were not great. Only a few stand out

Edited by will81

• Members

Gina Tognoni as Phyllis  has NO WAY at being #1 on this list.  She was a great re-cast. 

Although some hate Amelia Heinle as Victoria, She should NOT be on this list, she's great in the role, and if she wasn't she would've NEVER last the many years in the role she has. 

IMHO, Melissa Ordway(Abby) shouldn't be on this list either, she's replace Emme Rylan, who is about the same age, and Ordway is NOT responsible for the SORASing and poor writing of Abby in the last few years. 

Robert Newman (ex-Ashland) was a great re-cast, so stupid he's on the list. 

Scott Seymour (exBilly), Burgess Meredith(exBilly too old), Darius McCray (ex-Malcom), Shari Shattuck(ex-Ashley), David Tom's 2nd run as Billy, agree with along with Lachlan Buchanan(ex-Kyle)

In the very few scenes I've seen, I'd say Sandra Nelson as Phyllis, she just seems so different, unglamorous maybe homely,  and ugly and wrong for the role, compared to Michelle Stafford & Gina Tognoni.

Agree Adam Lazarre-White (ex-Nate) should be on this list as well. 

Michael Learned who filled in as Katherine Chancellor definitely should be on this list too. 

Edited by David_Vickers