Y&R July 2022 Discussion Thread

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

The top pic is too blurry for me to understand what I'm seeing.

The bottom pic is Gina Tognoni's Phyllis running Jabot from November 2018.

I gather you are comparing the two images but I can't make out the details in the  first one to see anything from Jabot?

• Members

Which is why I find it meet cute.

Please register in order to view this content

That said NO ONE is going to be OG Billy and Mac storyline. Especially if there is not the sparring partner-ness the original had.

But I didn't need Reed/Mattie to be sparring. They had enough 'opposites attract' for me to like them just fine. 

• Members

7-15

Okay, that was just underwhelming. 

I felt like the Imani/Nate storyline just up and vanished for a week. And then we FINALLY got to the trap. And it just fell flat. I definitely don't feel it was the actors because LAR popped every time I saw her. And Dom was...Nate. But I guess I expected more. Though I do like in way that Nate might be getting drawn to Imani due to what is going on with Naya. Not what I expected in that regard so there is still potential. And then add on Lily. And what if she gets so distracted stumbling onto Imani's schemes that she does not notice Billy and Chelesa getting closer...which btw was lame this week.

Speaking of lame, this turn in Ashland's storyline? Le sigh. I was hoping that once he found out that he was tricked by Victoria that he would be vengeful, allowing RN to do his thing. There were a few times this week, he hints at the possible menace, and I feel he can do it. But then? He was more or less a whipping boy all week. From Victoria to Victor to Nick to even Adam. And Michael using Harrison...yeah I feel some way about that. But...I guess that is a good thing because I find myself rooting for him.

This is the first time I really wanted to shake Adam. He should have thought of something better to do than act like he broke up with Sally. Couldn't they just fake a breakup instead? Perhaps it was to paint Adam as a sympathetic character. Niiice, but not like this. Moreso because Victor was at least working behind the scenes with Sally to have Adam's back. 

Loving nuSummer. And LOVE Kyle telling Phyllis off. Has he ever done so? It was different. And I loved that he threw the fact he knew what broke up Phack this time in her face. I was impressed even if he took it back after the commercial break.

I continue to like Diane. And I loved how SW played her scenes with her, Harrison, and Ashland. You could see the conflict on her face. She knows EXACTLY what he is going through, and I continue to want to see them together. And I will always LIVE for Nikki vs Diane. And I loved Diane was the one #unbothered. 

I am probably in the minority but I like Noah/Allie. I also continue to like Allie's continued attempts to fit into Genoa City. I do wish (yes I saw the pictures above so I know it's coming) we could have seen her at Jabot. I do wonder what drama they are trying to set up with Noah because he did not like Nick wanting to put him in charge of New Hope. The writers' attempt to touch on what's going on in the way with people wanting to find their path and quitting jobs (not that everyone is doing it because Queen Bey told them so but I digress...).

I hope we are not about to tread water again.

• Members

The lack of sets/extras  along with terrible story choices really sabotages the show.

As per usual Allie's job at Jabot is a success.

Why is Josh afraid to let any of the characters experience career setbacks? Maybe because there might be some drama to be mined? We can't have that...

BITD we would have seen Allie in the lab and there might be a mini story of her initial struggle. Maybe there's some resentment from a co worker about an Abbott turning up. 

Perhaps Allie unintentionally rubs people up the wrong way. There's some mix up and she gets the blame. She wants to quit but Jack/ashley refuses. Allie finds out a co worker is siphoning off supplies. SOMETHING.

Not just her chatting to Noah.