Y&R July 2022 Discussion Thread

• Members

So Lily has decided to get into the hotel game. Seems Devon sold GCAC. 

Is there another lame story on the way? Can't see the point of this, unless they want to introduce another cramped, empty meeting place.

Nate and Elena at the penthouse. Trying to recall how many characters have ownedit/lived there and the decor never changes. It's not like it's exquisitely decorated.

Natel got a love scene and a bedroom set. They should consider themselves blessed that they didn't have to make out on the sofa like other couples.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

So let’s see here, Chloe has stolen money from BFF Chelsea, kidnapped BFF Chelsea’s son Connor and ran off with him for weeks, shot BFF Chelsea’s husband twice, tried to run him down, blew him up in a cabin, faked her suicide in front of BFF Chelsea, aided an obviously mentally ill BFF Chelsea to kill Rey, and well has deceived BFF Chelsea on other numerous occasions that now we should feel bad for Chloe for Chelsea severing all ties to her? Couldn’t happen to a nicer sociopath like Chloe. 

Yesterday’s Phyllis/Diane scenes were a highlight though. About time to see Diane gloat back in Phyllis’ face while staying true to her personal agenda at hand. 

• Members

Diane’s return (and the potential for Allie as an Abbott) distracted me from how irritated I was that they so easily disposed of Keemo as a means to bring her on. But if they end up ditching Allie after making her a boring, bookish stereotype/Mary Sue, it’ll all be for naught. There aren’t many options for her if Noah doesn’t work out as a romantic partner. Chance? Eh.

• Members

7-5

So Victoria fooled everyone and got all of the money. I admit that it WOULD be something Victoria would do...I'm surprised that the writers would let her do it. So kudos. And now Ashland wants revenge. His exit story?

Lol at Imani setting Nate up with this dinner when she know she did not make the reservation for 3.

I continued to enjoy Diane lording it over Phyllis that she's back in. And I have to say that I've been really enjoying MS playing subtle. You can tell Phyllis wants to explode...BUT CAN'T. And it plays so well over MS's face and her body language. I know we were mentioning how the Phyllis who always is insecure and is her own worst enemy is the best Phyllis over Superwoman Phyllis...and this would be why. The subtlety is fascinating to watch. 

I'm finding myself over Billy being all up in Victoria's business. So is Lily judging from her expression. 

• Members

There’s good reason why I’m starting to FF through all the Newman scenes except for Nick and Sharon. Same old same old garbage. It would be more interesting if the show would actually have them actually actively competing against Chancellor-Winters for actually getting scoops, tips, interviews instead of what we’re seeing. 

The Abbotts and anything Imani related is where it’s at currently but that’s only because three actresses are carrying the weight of show’s dreck at the moment.