Y&R July 2022 Discussion Thread

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Same. And you know Ashland is serious cuz he shaved.

Please register in order to view this content

But seriously...it's just so bizarre to me. Moreso because I know I said in the thread a few months back around when Diane's return was starting that Victoria should tell any of them NOTHING. And that Old Victoria WOULD have done it and needed no man to do it. So to see that Victoria did EXACTLY THAT...I admit that was good and written to who her character used to be. Even her running off with Ashland to start her own company is written to how she is. So I didn't mind that possibility for story either. 

So to see her outsmart everyone right down to her arriving early and outsmarting Victor, too, just on arrival time, only for a wash, rinse, repeat storyline is just mind numbing. I sure any of us could think of new ways to take this story from the moment Victoria landed and revealed she got the money other than Adam feeling slighted, Nikki stuck in the middle again, and even Nick wanting to rejoin Newman...a move that will only destroy the truce he finally managed to get with Adam. 

At this point the plot twist of an Ashland kid would be nice. Or perhaps with Ashland now single...he might be moved into Diane's orbit and they could be a scheme team.

Though with my luck...he will probably hook up with Giggly Heffa. 

• Members

Agree to all the above! I like your ideas too.

I get the feeling we’ll get Ashland and Diane eventually but I hadn’t considered Ashland and Phyllis. That would be downright juicy for the drama and conflict it should create on paper, but know JG’s writing and MS’ acting it would fall flat on screen.

• Members

Everything with the Newmans feels been there and done that...over and over. I'm sooooo tired of these corporate takeover stories on this show. I really don't care who's running Newman Chancellor Winters Yada Yada Enterprises this week.

Susan Walters has done miracles in making me care some about the show again. But, she can only do so much!

The Imani story has promise and those characters desperately need some sort of conflict.

I like the idea of the character of Allie, but she needs some sort of an edge. Too much goody-goody nowhere, and a romance with Noah is Snoresville. The show badly needs characters that aren't Newmans or Abotts so they don't have to date each other!

But, that's been the problem with Y&R for so long now. It's as if the writers AVOID having conflict.