DAYS: July 2022 Discussion Thread ⌛

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Blue Moon was on Guiding Light. I totally remember that as the character of Hampton Speakes would always be playing his jazz and a little bit of R&B musical numbers on his saxophone! I remember! 

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

An anecdote from a Locher Room chat with Nancy Curlee & Stephen Demorest: Jordan got Hamp to go with him to this party. (They were friends.) When they got there, because Hamp was a black man they wouldn't serve him. Jordan said, "We are going, right now, we're leaving." Somebody who did not know Hamp asked what was up & Jordan told him & he said, "I cannot believe you are going to leave the party because they won't serve you ham."

• Members

Once again my criticism of the RC mysteries remains the same.  Nobody seems to be actively investigating the murder and gathering clues.  Poor Chad's got to run a company, raise two little kids, and solve his wife's murder at the same time.  Events just happen, nobody is actively engaging in debating theories about the murder, or gathering evidence.  We just wait for characters to tell each other their secrets.  That's not how Jessica Fletcher solved a case.

It goes back to my idea that part of the animus that Ron faces from fans is that he is always trying to trick us with red herrings and out of the blue motives rather than creating a plot that is well paced to keep us intrigued.

Edited by j swift

• Members

I can't think of good murder mystery that I have enjoyed on DAYS besides The Killing Pool. The Salem Serial Killer had me intrigued until they were all on that island. Oh, god I'm sure there are so many, but I started re-watching DAYS in 1996. My illicit love affair with DAYS comes and goes and I can take it or leave it. As much as I make snide comments, it's all a healing process, lol! 

Please register in order to view this content

Today's episode was FUN-NY! It was all over the place I tell ya. Is it just ME, or does it seem like Belle and EJ are nothing but fu*kbuds? Right? Am I right?? I think we all know here!

EJ: "Belle. What can I do? (pause) To help you with your sorrow?"

Belle: "EJ! Will you? (pauses and looks gazingly into his eyes) Please take me to Poundtown."

Geez, man. They have nothing else to really talk about besides Sami, Shawn, or Jan.

Hey, that rhymed. 

Edited by Noel

• Members

So Sami didn't bitch slap Belle? Booooo.  Why not??

Good episode still.

Can they recast Roman? Josh Taylor mumbles all his lines. You can't understand a word he is saying.

Edited by Soapsuds