SON plan to save Days!!

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Cut the Cast: This show needs to trim the cast so there won't be so many cast members going in and out due to budget and time constraints. For starters, Leo, Gwen, Jake, and Nicole can all exit permanently. 

Go back to basics: Sadly, this isn't 1995 and you aren't the number two show in the ratings, which means you should stop doing supernatural and paranormal stories like the show has done to varying degrees of success in the past. Focus on what made the show initially popular, which was a show centering around the trials and tribulations of the Horton family and the characters orbiting around them. I would bring back Mike Horton, along with his son Jeremy, who decided to become a doctor like his father and great-grandfather. Perhaps Marie too, to reestablish the family. They can all reside in the Horton home with Doug and Julie. That house has been the centerpiece since day one and needs to be full of that family. 

And if Kristian Alfonso doesn't want to come back then recast Hope Williams Brady with Noelle Beck or a past soap veteran or out of work primetime actress who can handle the daily grind of soaps. Her children our going through these big changes and she isn't there makes zero sense to me. 

Edited by Forever8

• Members

I agree with people have said, fire Ron Carlivati and anyone he brought on. I would keep any writer that has history with the show, like the Cullitons, Broderick and bring back Sheri Anderson. Have one of them be co-head writer and bring on someone fresh and new, that has no ties to any other soap.

Corday really needs to just retire and bring back Ed Scott. I remember when he was on, he did a good job with Days, he has history with the classic YR.

I would split the show, into two arcs. Both arcs last six months. You don't have to use all actors all year around, they could be heavily used in one arc and not use them in another. Gives actors a chance to do something else instead.

Here are some storylines I would create:

I would create a serial killer storyline to kill off some of the characters that I find to be pointless. Rafe, Ben, Susan, Bonnie will all be killed off by a serial killer. The killer would be like a background character.

Brady and Nicole, while on a flight, their airplane disappears over Chile and everyone on the plane goes missing and presumed dead, since they can’t find out what happened to the plane. (It would give a chance for them to bring them back down the road)

After the death of Ben, Ciara leaves Salem to look for her mother.

Roman, has a heart attack and dies.

I would reverse the killing of Laura and have her come back and kill Gwen with the help of Mike, but it made like she was killed by the serial killer.

I would reverse the death of Adrianne. Steve decides to quit the ISA and opens his own personal private detective shop with his son Joey. He receives a letter from someone in South America that Adrianne is alive. He and Jack go to South America to get her and find out they have another brother Kenneth, that Duke Johnson took and sold to a rich family, right after birth.

Doug Williams becomes gravely ill, and Sarah Horton is out to look for a cure to save him with the help of John Black. We are introduced to Emily LeClair, Douglas LeClair daughter. Doug’s son and Hopes half-brother.

Bring in Joy, Chloe’s younger sister. Joy becomes a massive YouTube/TikTok star and wins one of those singing competition shows, where she becomes very famous. Chloe becomes her manager, however, is extremely jealous of her sister’s career, since it’s something she wanted when she was young.

Gabi is heartbroken by the death of her brother and has no time to focus on Gabi Chic, as she falls into a deep depression. During her depression, she is somehow tricked into signing her company away to Ava, who also takes full control of Basic Black and Countess Wilhemina Cosmetics in a hostile takeover from Dimera Enterprise and MadWorld Cosmetics from Titan with the help of Jake and Xander. This will lead Ava to create a new company, named Vitali Incorporated. Ava becomes founder and CEO of the new company and Xander becomes president, while Jake becomes VP of the new company. She rebrands the companies as an online retailer, focusing on social media platforms like Tik Tok and Instagram to grow the brands. All brands explode in sales and become worldwide successes. During this time, Ava and Jake start to have an affair.

These are some of the stories I have, I have many more, one including bringing back Kristian Alfonso as Hope and Peter Reckell as a Brady, but not Bo.

I would also bring back Carrie and Austin, Scotty Banning, and Alexander

I would bring in 17 year old Noah Reed, 19-year-old Sydney Dimera, 18-year-old Tyler Wilkens aka Pocket, and 17-year-old Rachel Black.