ARTICLE: ‘Days of our Lives’ Head Writer Posts Query: “Tell me your job so I can tweet at you how you’re doing it wrong”

• Members

Agree.

Like you said, @FrenchBug82, writing is hard-ass work no matter WHICH medium you write for.  But the fact that it IS hard work doesn't mean you get a pass if/when the results suck.  It just means that, in this case anyway, your best just wasn't good enough.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: Ron Carlivati needs to stay the hell off social media.

So, his problem is that the criticism lobbied against his work isn't constructive?  Dude, it's Twitter!  You're lucky if the feedback you get is all spelled correctly!

Besides, how much more constructive does it need to be than, "WTF is this [!@#$%^&*] that I'm watching, Ron!?"?

Edited by Khan

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

It feels like one of those times that the internet is intentionally disregarding an obvious joke.  I know people value the history of Days, and disagree with the current direction.  However, this tweet seems a bit more benign and undeserved of the vitriolic responses that it received.

While I disagree with many of the creative decisions that he makes, I also think it is unfair how often his critics bring up his sexuality and other superfluous details about his motives for making those choices. 

Edited by j swift

• Members

Yeah, and did a bunch of blogs on here too, not to mention that "interview" with Harding Lemay that I still say was faked. Far be it for me to criticize someone for writing fanfic, of course, but he's hardly the benchmark of writing talent. Casey's infamous for brownnosing soap celeb types. He'd sell his first-born to Dena Higley if it got him attention from her.

Nah, he's pressed. He may dress it up like he's joking, but this is just part of his pattern. 

I give him another six months in the job. Max.

Edited by beebs

• Members

Ron's gayness is a factor to me as, despite that about himself, he is highly offensive in regards to LGBT on the show.

An openly out and proud man shouldn't be having the devil possess a man and having the man experience homosexual behaviour. It sends this message: gays are evil.

Ron is the reason why the idiotic notion of a 'gay agenda' exists. 

Then he again, he was an attorney and his court stories suck.

• Members

Ron can write well? Tell that to OLTL which no longer exists. This is the same guy that wanted to do soap vampire spin off. Ron has recycled OLTL story lines and brought alumni to Days. His idea and vision of bringing back Marlena Possession 2.0 has been the most embarrassing thing i've ever seen on the show along with totally disgracing the original Mar Dar story line.

Ron holds the same legacy in daytime as Mal Young. Biggest similarity between them
is they've both been responsible for playing a major part in soaps ending with their
so-called writing ability. Not to mention they drove fan favourites away leaving the shows.

What happened?

Edited by fivethej