General Hospital March 2022 Discussion Thread

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

In regards to the age of the actress that's now playing Jordan, I looked her up and several sites have different birth years listed for her. Some say she was born in 1981 and some say 1985. IMDB currently has 1981, but that's user edited. Wikipedia currently has no birth year listed, but that's also user edited and looking at the editing history, the users couldn't agree on her age as there has been editing wars there for years with people switching back and forth between 1981 and 1985. Google has 1985, however that scrapes information from other websites and doesn't do any fact checking.

With all of this conflicting information, it's possible that the actress never actually disclosed her age and has chosen not to go public with it. Some actors and actresses like to keep their personal lives to themselves. Especially models/actresses since ageism still exists in show business. But let's say 1981 is the correct birth year for her, well at least we have an actress that's at least 40 now playing Jordan.

I'd also like to mention that whenever there's an age dispute, the majority of the time the older age ends up being the correct one.

• Members

What's with the blocking/editing by GH?  Why is she shown so close to the target?

They should have shown Anna F'ing Devane standing at the far wall of the room and throwing that axe from all the way across the room to get that bullseye.

Edited by janea4old

• Webmaster

Frank and his knack for budgeting is definitely the reason. The budget is also pretty good considering the economics of running a soap. Considering the set was used for three purposes, and can be used for future purposes, it's a great idea to have it where characters can socialize with each other. The team at GH is solid despite gripes about the writing and the bloated cast.

• Members

I think financially he is the only reason the show is still running. Frank has always been good at that (and the show looks better now, it must be said, than it did for much of the 2010s where everything was steel-gray). That doesn't mean I think creatively it's very good.

• Members

Agree.  At the moment, there's nothing wrong with GH's production values.  (The sets could be less generic-looking...but I could say that about most shows on television today).  The pieces are there for a good show.  GH just needs to trim the fat, cast-wise, and bring in a HW who knows how to write more gripping plots.  (It says too much that the denouement to the Peter August saga is the most exciting thing to have happened on that show in years.)

Oh, and Frank needs to stay the hell out of the writers' room, too.