General Hospital March 2022 Discussion Thread

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I understand that. However, some can Develop DID after experiencing Traumas as adults but it usually childhood

Totally Understandable and to recast would be all wrong. Even if say Heather #2, Mary O'Brien was willing, too much time has past and Robin owns the role now. 

• Members

I think RM is too iconic in the role now. (I also want to stress I'm not 100% sure it's true she's ill.) If it came to that there's definitely people you can recast with. But right now it just feels like it would be tacky. Reminds me of how (allegedly, but less so) Frons vetoed bringing Mattson back to AMC as Janet in the 2000s and made them opt for Kate Collins bc he blamed RM for her return stint on GH in 2004 being lacking. I thought Kate did a great job with often bad material, but it was a shift.

Edited by Vee

• Members

Why are we thinking Jake? Not that I'd be against it, as I think Hudson West is one of the best young actors on the show and they never delved deeply enough into the kid's time on Cassadine Island or what might have been done to his head besides that Chimera thing. I just was under the impression he only appeared once in a full moon, presumably bc HW has outside work and they won't lock him in.

(They really should have done a Theresa Carter/David Hamilton suburban crime/coverup mystery to kill Franco at the hands of Liz's boys, but that's another story.)

Edited by Vee

• Members

I like the Liz story because I genuinely have no idea where it's going. It's Becky's 25th anniversary this year so I could see them possibly doing something big like DID. I do think Betsy and the kids are just red herrings. 

I do laugh that nobody suggests that Liz gets some security cameras. 

• Members

Doing DID with Liz would be so tired and crass at this point, especially with Jeff or whoever. She's been demeaned in so many ways already. I am glad she has a mystery and a bit of story, but I just can't deal with the venerated memory of Franco. And Finn is a nice enough man for her as a placeholder for something more serious like Lucky, but not much else.

• Members

Well I called dibs on Liz's kids.

Please register in order to view this content

But seriously to the why the kids...I was thinking the kids after the shredded dress...which is something a kid or a jealous ex would do. Also it would be the most dramatic route to go for Liz and still be relateable since the writers have been making a point to have Liz be hot and cold about getting into a relationship with Finn since Peter fell down the stairs. Which btw good to see that coda to Finn and Anna's relationship. But why now? Things to make you go hmmm....

ETA: I agree with @AlexElizabeth. I like this story because (so far) it is mostly centered on Liz and I really don't even know where the story is going either. Positively intrigued. 

Edited by Taoboi

• Members

I, for one, don't want Heather back, under any circumstances, regardless of who's playing her.  One, they've never adequately explained why Heather is so crazy; and two, she's gone so off-the-rails that she's now a cartoon.

Edited by Khan

• Members

I mean, she's been kind of nuts since the '70s IMO. Even Mary O'Brien's Heather had wheels within wheels, all but stalking Diana. But I do agree RC made Heather into a total cartoon and less is more at best at this point.